This role supports the student recruitment team through effective organisation of assessment events alongside outreach and attraction activities to recruit across a range of student programmes – from work experience and apprenticeships through to graduate roles.
The Officer role plays a key part in a team that is dedicated to ensuring KPMG’s student recruitment programmes have a strong profile at target universities and its recruitment process is leading within its industry. The Officer will work closely with their Coordinator in order to provide an efficient, high quality, client focused service for applicants and the business alike, throughout the recruitment process.
- Build effective and long term links with the business to establish point of contact
- Ensure sufficient assessors are trained to assist with recruitment events and help manage this process
- Effective and efficient management of candidate pipelines for given programmes.
- Liaison with national contacts to maintain an up-to-date spreadsheet of target numbers, offers made and candidate acceptances.
- Liaise with resourcing contacts to ensure all parties are kept informed of recruitment numbers.
- Manage post offer process including engagement with candidates as well as allocations
- Closely monitoring the number of candidates coming through the process with the target numbers and ensuring routes are closed at an appropriate time
- Respond to telephone enquiries within SLAs
- Respond to enquiries in the Student Recruitment email box within SLAs
- Provide feedback to candidates on their performance following recruitment events
- Support management of work experience inductions and events
Attraction and Outreach
- Meet key business contacts on a regular basis to update them on marketing activity
- Implement an internal communication strategy to inform the internal audience about recruitment/recruitment marketing/education outreach programmes.
- Produce and implement a campus marketing plan for each of KPMG's target universities within
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with campus contacts, including careers services and societies
- Plan, promote and implement on-campus campaigns and activity with given target universities
- Liaise with event volunteers to deliver full briefing prior to each event
- Organise, promote and deliver events as required at target universities
- Build relationships with/respond to ad-hoc queries from KPMG colleagues
- Ideally has worked through at least two cycles of Student Recruitment Experience
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the student recruitment market place
- Drive and commitment
- A confident presenter
- Good IT skills including Excel, Power Point, databases and internet research
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Flexibility to work within a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and positively
- Forward thinking and proactive approach
- Self-motivated to work autonomously and also a good team player
Whilst this role is office based, you will be required to travel to KPMG offices and some events around the country – this will require overnight stays during campaign time and on an ad-hoc basis throughout the year.