Employee Relations and Policy Development Manager
- £55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + car
- Employee Relations
- Job Level
- Engineering / Manufacturing
- Contract type
Employee Relations and Policy Manager
Your new company
My client is a high profile, global service sector business with over 10,000 UK employees and a group headcount of over 60,000.
They now have a requirement for an experienced Employee Relations and Policy Manager to join their team, reporting into the Head of ER based out of their Head Office in Staffordshire.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the Head of Employee Relations and forming part of the ER Management Team, the post holder will translate the ER strategy into policies, procedures and processes to support the business in its operational delivery whilst significantly contributing to the HR Department's strategy of 'easy to do business with'.
The post holder will be responsible for the project management of all policies and procedures from co-creation through to implementation and review.
In addition, you will lead on all employment litigation work for the Company, liaising as the single point of contact with our legal provider to ensure that all matters are handled appropriately and with a strong sense of commerciality. You will work in collaboration with the business and ER Specialists as the internal expert this field.
- Going beyond policy writing and ensuring effective implementation to ensuring that the business is taking the necessary actions to give assurance on compliance across the Zone.
- Provide expert advice and impact assessment to the Head of Employee Relations on potential regulatory changes and new case law.
- Provide regular insights to local Employee Relations Teams on best leading practice to help improve business performance.
- Lead end to end review of UK policy suite and employee experience for whole employee journey; identify service gaps or policies which need updating/simplifying; identify which companies to take best practice from; create prioritised roadmap with delivery dates.
- To ensure that business knowledge is shared amongst the team to create a flexible resource that delivers ER activity, evolving the ER proposition within the business.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience of leading and effectively managing a team to high performance and individual potential with extensive experience of working with Trade Unions including National Officers & Regional Officers.
You will have CIPD Level 7 qualification or equivalent Employment Law qualification and project Management experience (ideally with qualification) with experience of managing litigation and extensive knowledge of all aspects of employment law.
You must be able to demonstrate the ability to influence and engage senior stakeholders across the business to drive through change and embed the new way of working from an ER perspective.
What you'll get in return
The positions attracts a salary of c£55,000-£60,000 plus £6,500 car allowance or car, 22% bonus and a very generous benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.