KPMG’s Midlands and South Restructuring team are looking for a specialist Employee Claims Administrator to join their team.
The team of trusted advisors offer a full range of services to stressed and distressed businesses, ranging from formal insolvency through to advising profitable businesses on enhancing value and solving issues.
This role will be focusing purely on employee related matters arising on our distressed advisory and insolvency engagements.
The Midlands & South team where the vacancy exists is made up of approximately 60 people, led by 3 partners and a team of directors. The successful candidate will be aligned to this regional part of the practice but will also join our small national Employee Claims team and have a line manager within this team.
The work services a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals, and the region covered by the team extends across the East and West Midlands and into the South West - from the Thames Valley across to Devon & Cornwall, including South Wales.
Whilst this role would primarily be office based, periodic travel (often at short notice) to deal with employee matters on live engagements will be required. This may also require travel beyond the Midlands and South region to assist with wider projects on occasion.
- Support engagement manager on insolvency assignments in dealing with all employee aspects of the case.
- Oversee completion process for employees of relevant forms to seek to ensure submission on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee related correspondence for manager approval, including letters, emails and file notes of key employee related decisions.
- Attend employee meetings to assist in answering employees’ queries, including potentially leading challenging meetings alongside more senior staff.
- Ensure minutes of any employee meetings are taken and maintained on file.
- Liaise with company HR staff to ensure all employee records are retained.
- Liaise with the engagement manager, company payroll staff (or a payroll bureau) and our cashiers to ensure that wages are paid where required.
- Ensure tax and RTI payments and filings are completed on an accurate and timely basis.
- Work closely with our Pensions team on any pension and auto-enrolment matters.
- Update and maintain IPS for employee information.
- Agree employees’ preferential and unsecured claims for manager approval.
- Field any ongoing employee queries throughout the life of an insolvency case.
- Provide specialist advice to our team on advisory engagements where insolvency may be a possible outcome.
Key skills and competencies required:
- Ideally several years’ experience in a similar role in an insolvency practice, preferably using IPS.
- Previous payroll/HR experience in wider industry preferable, although not essential.
- Highly organised and have an ability to prioritise effectively.
- Have flexibility to be able to respond to sudden and sharp changes in workload.
- Common sense and an eye for detail/accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to remain calm and professional in times of stress.
- The confidence and ability to challenge more senior staff on matters such as employee consultation.