Assistant Manager - People Consulting (Corps - BCM/OD)
People & Change Overview
People and Change is an integral part of KPMG’s Management Consultancy practice and a growing part of our business. This team help to transform the performance of organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed. We do this by focusing on two key areas – delivering the people agenda on large scale, complex, transformational change programmes and transforming the HR function.
We have 5 key capabilities that work across the sectors:
- Behavioural Change Management
- Human Resources Optimisation
- Organisation Design for Performance
- Talent Management
- Workforce Intelligence
We are seeking talented individuals with experience of Organisational Design (OD) and/or Behavioural Change Management (BCM) to join our growing Corporates, Business to Business (B2B) team, working closely with clients across Energy, Industrial Manufacturing, Life Sciences and the Aerospace & Defence.
Candidates should have experience and proficiency relevant to a number of our OD and BCM areas (e.g. deep practical expertise across 1-2 of the following)
Organisational Design (OD)
- Delivery Experience– strong experience in the delivery of Organisational Design projects.
- State it – including: articulation of client context, strategy, value chain and aspirations.
- Shape it – including: collation of baseline and analysis, design principles and future state options.
- See it – including: detailed design, workforce transition strategy and role impact assessment.
- Sustain it – including: Rollout workforce transition plan, manage future state organisation go-live and monitor effectiveness of future state organization design
- OD to TOM integration – It is highly desirable to have experience of deploying OD methods in an end to end Target Operating Model design.
Behavioural Change Management (BCM)
- Delivery Experience– strong experience in the delivery of BCM projects.
- Make it Known – including: business case for change, culture assessment, stakeholder analysis, change risk assessment, comms & engagement strategy,
- Make it Real – including: change impact assessment, training needs analysis, change leadership, change approach and plan
- Make it Happen – including: business readiness assessment, drive change interventions and organisational alignment, measure change
- Make it Stick – including: sustain change, align Talent and HR policies and measure outcomes against vision
- BCM in Transformation – Experience of delivering BCM as part of a business or functional transformation is highly desired. BCM in support of technology implementation is also desired.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Project manage client work and/or manage a single workstream within a more complex change programme
- Manage a small team of consultants, likely to include a mix of onshore and offshore team members
- Work closely with the client project manager and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
- Provide specialist and technical input and review of others’ inputs in the design and development of project deliverables
- Contribute to OD/BCM business development. This may include working with key account teams to scope opportunities or help to develop proposals to meet client requirement
Required Skill and Qualifications
Our candidates should have strong commercial acumen, hunger to learn and develop and be able to thrive in a really fast paced working environment.
- Degree educated or equivalent is preferred
- Proven relationship-building and influencing skills
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity
- Qualifications such as CIPD, Occupational psychology, MBA, Prince2 and caching would be beneficial but not essential
- Candidates will require excellent communication skills both in writing and orally, and strong familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office packages. .