Recruitment Operations Immigration Assistant Manager - Initial 6 months FTC
You will be an Assistant Manager in our Recruitment Operations team, managing our Right to Work Admin team, ensuring that all aspects of the right to work in the UK for our new recruits and existing employees are well managed, including the visa applications that we assist with for KPMG UK.
We are currently recruiting for c 2,500 vacancies plus c 1,500 student and graduates so this is a large scale operation, and you will be managing a team of 5 people. The team is supported by a team of 10 immigration specialists based in our London office.
The team is about to embark on a significant change journey, as we work with a third party Business Process Outsourcer (BPO) to identify what, if any, key activities can be offshored. This is a start-up process, as there is currently limited activity managed in this way and the Firm has recently expanded its capability in India.
You will have a background in working in an operational environment, leading a team. You will be used to high volume management, and you will also be a skilled communicator. You will have a track record in delivering a plan to tight deadlines, and managing exceptions and escalations, as well as driving a customer centric culture across the operation and creating a positive experience for all candidates, hiring managers and existing staff you and the team work with.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership to the Right to Work Admin team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained across the team and with the specialist immigration team in London
- Manage resources and outputs within the team to the agreed budget and plan.
- Provide expertise and guidance to the team, to improve overall SLAs and performance for the business in the time to hire candidates and existing application processes, where within our control.
- Develop and maintain process maps
- Manage the delivery of securing and maintaining Tier 2 visa capability and associated Certificate of Sponsorship requirements.
- Consult with managers and provide guidance to address specific immigration issues.
- Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for inquiries, upskilling the team and ensuring processes are up to date and appropriate.
- Manage and resolve any business issues experienced that cannot be resolved at Team Leader level – working closely with the relevant business owners to identify satisfactory solutions
- Integrate with the wider People Operations team to ensure effective service delivery through our own teams and those of our third party suppliers.
- Ensuring Talent within the team is identified and recognised, with ongoing development opportunities provided for individuals, whilst supporting the Team Leader with embedding a clear succession and development plan to enable a strong talent pipeline across People Operations
Essential skills and experience required
- Experience in the operational management of an immigration services team within the UK.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a focussed, simple and commercially relevant manner
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to challenge at all levels.
- Personal drive to deliver results
- Experience of working cross functionally, especially across matrix organisations - with strong working relationships across HR Centres of Excellence and wider business units
Desirable skills :
- SAP / Success Factors experience would be an advantage in this role
- Professional services / partnership led sector skills are desirable but not essential. Candidates from outside this sector will need to be self-aware and able to make a sector transition.