Assistant Manager – Controls and Compliance
Role and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for setting up tools and processes to monitor and track controls, issues and events whilst also identifying and managing gaps
- Monitoring and tracking of all internal and external audit reviews - designing and embedding a risk framework enabling senior leadership to have a clear line of sight and insight on risk across the operation
- You will be the People Operations Compliance Subject Matter Expert (SME) and be the go to person for other Assistant Managers across People Operations for advice and support.
- You will be required to ensure that your working knowledge of our legal and regulatory requirements are up to date
- You will support the planning, implementing and running of comprehensive risk assessments on new & existing processes whilst acting as the ‘gate keeper’ for change, meaning that all requests to change any ways of working must be impact assessed, documented and approved to ensure a smooth transition into BAU (for example, this will include document management and training)
- Defining escalation routes and embedding a process for swift remediation with Managers and Senior Manager
- Building strong relationships with wider stakeholders to ensure that we are engaged with HR Business Partners, ITS, Quality & Risk Management, Procurement – aligning best practise and common process across KPMG Business Services where possible and appropriate.
- Internally, you will work closely with Process SMEs, and Transformation Project Managers to ensure that all changes in our HR systems, Appian, SAP, Success Factors and wider People systems/projects are impact assessed, monitored and embedded into BAU appropriately
- Promote a productive and successful relationship between KPMG and our third parties with a suitable supplier/relationship framework in place – supporting the monthly and Quarterly Business Review service process.
- Being a point of contact in the absence of other Assistant Managers to resolve any business issues experienced that cannot be resolved at Team Leader level – working closely with the relevant business owners to identify satisfactory solutions
- Integrate with the wider People Operations team to ensure effective service delivery through our own teams and those of our third party suppliers.
Essential skills and experience required
- Subject matter expertise and experience of working within a compliance/risk team
- Previous experience of working with third party contracts/vendors
- Good understanding of the impact of GDPR on people data requirements and processes
- An ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels
- High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a focussed, simple and commercially relevant manner
- Ability to influence and confidently negotiate at all levels
- Experience of working cross functionally, especially across matrix organisations
Desirable skills :
Professional services / partnership led sector skills are desirable but not essential. Candidates from outside this sector will need to be self-aware and able to make a sector transition.