HR Assistant - Security Clearance
The People Function plays a pivotal role in supporting the overall business strategy. In order to do this we are continually reviewing the way we recruit, develop and reward the people that work for KPMG to make sure that we attract and retain the very best and most diverse talent in the market place and enable them to achieve extraordinary things for our clients. At the heart of our people strategy lies a simple but powerful statement – “our people are extraordinary”
The People Operations teams provide administrative and advisory support to our UK Business and through our ‘service pledge’ underpin our overall People Strategy and Vision. The operation consists of a HR Shared Services team, a HR Technology team and a HR Transformation team. Customer centric, we are consistently looking for ways to exceed expectations of our people across the business with the service we deliver
Context of Role
As a Security Clearance Administrator, you will be work as part of a team to manage the clearance checking process for our employees.
You will take ownership and act as a key contact for all cases handled, taking all necessary actions and maintaining records to ensure we meet our statutory obligations.
The role will entail close working with other People Operations teams and liaising across the business with key stakeholders including Risk, the Disclosure and Barring Service and numerous high profile British government based clients. You will be perceived as proactive, credible and accountable.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- Have a reasonable understanding of the different screening requirements
- Manage the end to end administration process of all allocated screening check requests, answering or escalating, where appropriate, any questions from the business or employee
- Collate the required documents and submit them to the relevant body within the required SLA
- Ensuring all records and documentation are accurately recorded and compliant with KPMG requirements
- Carry out assurance tasks including audit of documents and compliance files
- Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in with the compliance teams and escalating issues as appropriate to the Team Leader before escalation to the relevant CoE
- You will be expected to be accountable and proactive, ensuring all queries are resolved accurately and within SLA, escalating where appropriate to the Team Leader
Take personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards
Experience, Qualifications and Skills.
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels;
- High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal;
- The ability to influence and confidently negotiate at all levels;
- Good organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
- The ability to prioritise workloads under a high pressure, autonomous environment;
- Good proficiency with IT Office, including: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. as well as SAP or equivalent HR system