HR Assistant - Client Screening - 12 months FTC
Role and person overview
Working in the Client Screening team you will have responsibility for case managing current employee screening checks to enable them to work on particular engagements. You will take ownership and act as the key contact for all queries and actions necessary to support the screening of the Firm’s employees whilst ensuring we deliver an exceptional level of service in accordance to tight timescales.
You will also be responsible for the onboarding and management of work experience requests. You will be expected to ensure that the Firm complies with the necessary regulations when arranging paid, unpaid and shadowing work.
You will be responsible for the liaison between the Firm’s employee, The Security Watchdog and the client. You will be perceived as reliable, credible, commercial and expert. You will manage challenging conversations and the business’ expectations drawing on advice from expert teams and senior colleagues.
As a member of the Client Screening team, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times. As an HR Assistant you will be encouraged to use your initiative when facing complications and driving solutions and support the improvement of efficiencies to achieve key deliverables.
Role and Responsibilities
- Proactively develop strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders – including business contacts, centres of excellence, external stakeholders and associates.
- Proactively work to educate both the employee and the business on the screening process.
- Have the ability to take a logical and systematic approach to issues, thinking outside of the box and weighing up all options available to make an informed decision.
- Work as part of a team with Onboarding, Right to Work, The Security Watchdog and the business to ensure a smooth and seamless service is given to the joining colleague.
- Maintain healthy relationships with the Firm’s clients and Resource Solutions, attending meetings to understand requirements when necessary.
- Maintain regular contact with the Firm’s internal risk and compliance teams.
- Liaise with international HR contacts to support global screening
- Hold a good understanding of the visa process and different tiers of right to work,
- Manage high volumes of case work independently,
- Liaising with Global KPMG firms to complete screening for international employees,
- Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in with the compliance teams and escalating issues as appropriate to a Senior HR Assistant before escalation to the relevant CoE,
- Prioritise workload in accordance to urgency and adhere to agreed SLA’s and KPI’s,
- Ensuring work is accurate first time and that all legal requirements are met,
- Ability to draft non-standard communication
Contributing to the team and People Function
- Coach new joiners on key processes and approaches, providing guidance as appropriate;
- Share knowledge and experience proactively across the team and be recognised as a team player;
- Manage workload and own diary;
- Take part in and contribute to functional and KPMG wide projects;
- Take a personal responsibility to continuously improve and streamline the quality of screening work and own personal development;
- Take a personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards
- Keeping the Firm free from risk
Qualifications and Skills
It is expected that you will have previous experience of an office environment and can demonstrate strong administration skills.
- Have an ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels;
- High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment;
- Effectively work with minimal supervision;
- Possess excellent attention to detail;
- Be an excellent communicator – written and verbal;
- Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
- Ability to prioritise task list;
- Have a good degree of IT proficiency, including; Microsoft Excel and SAP or equivalent HR system.
- Awareness and understanding of the Professional Services industry
- Awareness and understanding of the Bribery Act