HR Assistant - Experienced Hire Onboarding
The People Function plays a pivotal role in supporting the overall business strategy. In order to do this we are continually reviewing the way we recruit, develop and reward the people that work for KPMG to make sure that we attract and retain the very best and most diverse talent in the market place and enable them to achieve extraordinary things for our clients. At the heart of our people strategy lies a simple but powerful statement – “our people are extraordinary”
The People Operations teams provide administrative and advisory support to our UK Business and through our ‘service pledge’ underpin our overall People Strategy and Vision. The operation consists of a HR Shared Services team, a HR Technology team and a HR Transformation team.
Customer centric, we are consistently looking for ways to exceed expectations of our people across the business with the service we deliver
Context of role
As a HR Assistant in Experienced Hire Onboarding, you will be working as part of a team to manage the onboarding process, from the point of offer acceptance to the individual starting with KPMG.
You will take ownership and act as a key contact for all cases handled, taking all necessary actions and maintaining records to ensure we meet our statutory obligations.
The role will entail close working with other People Operations teams, liaising across the business with key stakeholders, and also coordinating with numerous 3rd parties. You will be perceived as proactive, credible and accountable.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- Provide an excellent level of service to all new joiners, ensuring a seamless onboarding experienced
- Provide an excellent level of service to KPMG stakeholder by offering proactive and timely updates, and keeping to all internal SLAs.
- Manage the end to end onboarding process, answering or escalating, where appropriate, any questions from the business or new joiner
- Coordinate all pre-employment screening activities, both internally and alongside our 3rd party provider, to ensure compliance with KPMG requirements.
- Ensuring all records and documentation are accurately recorded and compliant with KPMG requirements, including RTW checks
- Manage the Visa applications for international joiners to KPMG
- You will be expected to be accountable and proactive, ensuring all queries are resolved accurately and within SLA, escalating where appropriate to the Team Leader
- Take personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards
Experience, Qualification and Skills
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels;
- High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal;
- The ability to influence and confidently negotiate at all levels;
- Good organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
- The ability to prioritise workloads under a high pressure, autonomous environment;
- Good proficiency with IT Office, including: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. as well as SAP or equivalent HR system