Part Time Equality, Diversity & Inclusivity Manager
Your new company
A highly regarded organisation based in Farnham, Surrey
Your new role
Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity Manager (ED&I)
Part Time, 22 hours per week
£35,211 - £40,792, full time equivalent
Fixed term contract until 31st December 2020
This role will lead on the design, development and implementation of solutions to the organisations equality, diversity and inclusivity challenges within the framework of relevant legislation and best practice.
The post holder will provide a key role in the support and development of ED&I, ensuring it supports the strategic development and vision of the organisation. It will be responsible for the effective development of data to measure impact and shape initiatives.
The ED&I Manager will liaise with all levels within the organisation. This will include building maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- To provide specialist advice, information and support on equality, diversity and inclusivity.
- To ensure that the organisation remains compliant with their statutory obligations under the Equality Act 2010, including the provisions of the equality duty.
- To research, review, monitor and develop new and existing policies, and practices and initiatives relating to ED&I.
- Identify quantitative and qualitative performance indicators in relation to ED&I and to establish appropriate metrics and targets to help to drive and shape the ED&I agenda and evidence impact.
- Take a leading role in the development, implementation and monitoring of the ED&I Strategy
- Work with the Director of HR and other senior colleagues to develop and implement a range of interventions to support the Internationalisation agenda including cultural awareness and increasing the diversity of the staff body.
- Provide expert advice and guidance regarding ED&I matters to enhance both internal and external reputation as an employer of choice.
- Utilise key forums to raise awareness of and promote the ED&I agenda
- Work closely with the Learning and Development in driving effective and up to date ED&I training design, and delivery, ensuring staff awareness and knowledge of ED&I matters.
- Proactively manage the ED&I budget to maximise the value achieved to ensure intervention programmes and projects meet their objectives.
- Lead on the development and implementation of an appropriate reporting and advice system to raise matters of concern relating to ED&I matters.
- Prepare relevant reports including the Gender Pay Gap / Equal pay monitoring, Stonewall Workplace Equality Index and the Annual ED&I report. Analyse the data and coordinate the development and implementation of appropriate actions e.g. to reduce the pay gap, Single Equality Action Plan.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of developing and implementing equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- A proven track record for project management in the area of equality, diversity and inclusion. To include the ability to lead and successfully complete to appropriate timescales
- Experience of design and delivery of ED&I briefings, workshops and seminars.
- Experience of successful policy development/review and implementation.
- Knowledge and in depth understanding of the current employment and equality legislation, including knowledge of good EDI practices.
- Ability to flex and modify communication style, and materials to engage a broad and diverse range of stakeholder groups.
- Strong ability to gather, analyse, interpret and present data/metrics.
- Able to influence and negotiate at a senior level and work inclusively with the Trade Unions.
- Excellent influencing and conflict management skills
What you'll get in return
- Part Time, 22 hours per week
- £35,211 - £40,792, full time equivalent
- 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days after 5 years, full time equivalent
- Christmas shut down in addition to your holiday allowance.
- Exceptional pension
- Company discount card
- Cycle to work scheme
- Farnham sports discounts
- Sickness scheme
- Life assurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.