The HR Manager will join at an exciting period of change for the organisation, taking responsibility for developing the organsiation's People Plan for 2019 and driving exciting initiatives to make the charity a truly great place to work
Our client is a small charity based in London
The main duties of the role are to:
- Keep abreast of the business strategy and plans to ensure the people agenda is aligned to the charity's needs.
- Continuously monitor and review and develop HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary to ensure legal compliance and mitigate disputes.
- Provide first line advice on current policy, HR process and reward issues.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure payroll is accurate.
- Assist with benchmarking and reward planning
- To drive recruitment plans to deliver to agreed timescales to fill vacancies
- Support the recruitment process - this may include writing job descriptions, adverts, contract writing and preparing interview questions and application forms
- Carry out new starter inductions and work with line managers to manage probation.
- Manage talent and succession planning.
- Implement the learning and development policy, managing the training budget.
- Advise and support team with employee relations casework including dispute resolution, disciplinaries, grievances, absence retirement and redundancy.
- Support change management processes as required
- To be a champion of the organisation's values and to promote behaviour that is fair and reasonable to optimise people engagement
We're looking for an HR Manager with the following capabilities:
- Demonstrable HR Generalist experience and employment law knowledge, with a good knowledge of HR best practice
- Experience of having operated in a standalone HR role is highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of developing and delivering training plans and managing an organisation's L&D strategy
- Graduate and CIPD Qualified
- A high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy
12 Month FTC
Salary up to £50,000 dependant on experience
Flexible working considered