Assistant Manager, HR Advisory - 12 month FTC
As one of the Assistant Managers in the HR Advisory Team you will be responsible for both pro-actively managing the service of the HR Advisory Team (HRAT) as well as driving the consistent delivery of best practice HR solutions within your business area.
A key priority for the team will be the up-skilling of managers in the business by proactively coaching them in HR matters. You will also manage a team of HR Advisors and Senior HR Advisors.
You will be expected to build key relationships with stakeholders in your business area as well as stakeholders across the wider HR community. Working closely with your team and the HR Leads and the HR Business Partners more broadly, you will act as an escalation point for complex ER cases and Programmes and play a key role in the continual review of the services HRAT provide, ensuring they are fit for purpose and that we have a structure and approach that can deliver against agreed SLAs.
Role and Responsibilities
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- Work closely with HR Leads, HR Business Partners and Performance Leaders (PLs) to ensure the HRAT model is meeting business requirements. You will be required to identify key relationships in the business and proactively build them;
- Work closely with the HR Leads, HRBPs, Business Leaders and HR Advisory Team, you will play an active role responding to business needs and driving consistency from the centre;
- Ensure we play a proactive role in upskilling and coaching Performance Managers (PMs) and Performance Leaders (PLs) in their abilities to manage ER issues in their teams.
- Coach HR Advisors and Senior HR Advisors, to include providing advice and guidance on the most challenging of under-performance and absence cases;
- Lead and coordinate complex change programmes within your business area and become an expert in all ER matters, whilst proactively imparting this with the wider HR Advisory Team;
- Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment, linking in with the Employment Law Advisory Team (ELAT) and escalating issues as appropriate to the HR Advisory Team Manager before escalation to the relevant CoE or HRBP.
Centre of Excellence (CoE)
- Lead involvement with a specific Centre of Excellence, ensuring HRAT is working closely with the HRBPs and CoE team to coordinate our role and maximise the value we can add;
- Identify and drive opportunities to be more efficient and consistent and to manage CoE activities from HRAT upwards. Being accountable for ensuring that all CoE activities are delivered on time and to a high standard for the business area which you provide support to;
- Coach and guide team members on agreed approach and principles so they are confident and effective in conveying these to the appropriate stakeholders.
Contributing to HRAT and People Function
- Share knowledge and experience with wider HRAT, provide recruitment support for all levels within HRAT, and coach the team on all aspects of their role;
- Work with the HRAT Manager to measure the value of HRAT activities and develop KPIs and SLAs for key processes where appropriate, ensuring that real demonstrable value is being added to the business from HRAT;
- Lead team, and work collaboratively with team, to provide our stakeholders with an excellent service; support team members during their busier periods; and take a personal responsibility to continuously improve and streamline the quality of HRAT work;
- Work with the HRAT Manager to establish career development programmes from E2 to D1 and D1 to D2 and support the team through these programmes. Performance manage the team by holding ongoing open and honest conversations about their performance;
- Support the documentation of all best practice HRAT processes, take part in and contribute to KPMG wide projects, and take part in functional projects supporting the HRBPs.
- You will be able to demonstrate experience in the key components of the role. This is typically underpinned by a minimum of five years’ experience in a fast moving, responsive HR team. You will also ideally have experience of managing people and coaching/mentoring others.