Team Leader – Experienced Hire On-boarding - 12 month FTC
As a Team Leader of the Experienced Hire Onboarding team, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of 1 Senior HR Assistant and up to 7 HR Assistants. The S/HRAs manage the onboarding process for our new experienced hire joiners, ensuring they are screened to the required levels and hold a valid Right to Work, supporting them through the visa application process if applicable.
The role will entail close working with other People Operations teams and liaising across the business with key stakeholders including Recruitment, Resourcing, PLs, Immigration and Payroll. You will be perceived as proactive, credible and accountable. You will be required to support your team in client escalations and be a key point of escalation to the team and the business.
Your focus will be on ensuring the team meet and strive to exceed client expectations. You will be responsible for training and developing the S/HRAs to ensure high quality and consistent service delivery across all processes. Meeting, and where possible exceeding, our Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) is critical to our success and needs to be achieved in parallel with delivering a high quality service.
With the recent introduction of a new HR system – Success Factors, additional focus will be helping the team transition to the new system and supporting the Assistant Manager in streamlining processes in order to provide a more efficient client service.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role has the following key responsibilities:
- As a Team Leader you will work closely with your peers to ensure the level of service delivered by Experienced Hire Onboarding is in line with our service pledge
- You will be the first point of escalation for the team and answering the S/HRA’s queries. You will ensure complaints and escalations are dealt with in a timely manner, resolving and identifying satisfactory solutions for our clients as well as helping identify areas for improvement more broadly across our processes
- You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on the team’s delivery in line with agreed service levels. You will work with the team on an individual basis and at team
- level to ensure Service Level Agreements are met through one-to-one and team communications and meetings
- Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in with the compliance teams and escalating issues as appropriate to a HR Manager before escalation to the relevant CoE
- You will play a key role in transitioning processes to KGS and work closely with Contact/KGS Assistant Manager to ensure this is working as efficiently as possible
- You will manage the team’s day-to-day activities and ensure resource is allocated appropriately to enable the team to meet client demands and deliver a seamless service. This will include playing an active role in any recruitment into the team, managing annual leave requests and day to day work allocation. You will need to balance delivery of business as usual with the need at times for either yourself or members of the team to attend other ad-hoc meetings and activities
- As a SME you will have in-depth knowledge of the onboarding process and relevant policies. You will support and guide the S/HRAs and you will also be responsible for designing and delivering training for the S/HRAs. A key part of your role will be to drive consistency across the S/HRAs. You will provide one-on-one training that is tailored to the S/HRAs development in addition to ensuring the team receives holistic training for their grade including technical and general skills
- Complete all required tracking for own and teams cases, creating and maintaining governance to ensure sight of all cases
- As a Performance Manager you will mentor and coach the S/HRAs. You will support the team in achieving their goals and provide ongoing development opportunities for individuals
- You will be expected to be accountable and proactive, designing and driving solutions to improve operational efficiency and client service, building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders including, but not limited to, Recruitment, Security Watchdog and Risk, representing the team and voicing their views as well as cascading information to the team
- Working with the Assistant Manager you will help to identify opportunities and successfully implement any efficiencies and improvements including automation. You will support the Assistant Manager in identifying and transitioning high volume, low risk HR admin activities to our offshore team, KGS
- You will also deputise where appropriate in the absence of the Assistant Manager for Experienced Hire Onboarding
- Take personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards and GDPR regulations
Experience, Qualification and Skills
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels;
- High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment;
- Analytical and reporting skills;
- Experience gained from working within project teams - acting as a SME;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal;
- The ability to influence and confidently negotiate at all levels;
- Strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
- The ability to prioritise workloads under a high pressure, autonomous environment;
- Good IT office proficiency, including; Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc. as well as SAP or equivalent HR system;
- Experience of managing a team, coaching, developing and driving a culture of service excellence within a shared services environment (desirable).