Interim Senior HR Manager
- Oakleaf Partnership
- Docklands, London
- £450 - £500 per day
- HR Manager
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
A top tier, global Investment Bank are currently looking to hire a Senior HR Manager for a 12 month contract.
The incumbent will manage a team of 3, with the team collectively being responsible for partnering with the Institutional Equities Division which has approx. 600 employees based in London and across the key European jurisdictions. You must be able to partner with Product teams based in London as well as with HR colleagues in other EMEA locations, New York and Asia. The role reports into the Head of EMEA HR Coverage for our revenue businesses which, in addition to IED, includes Fixed Income, Research, Investment Banking, Global Capital Markets and Investment Management.
The successful incumbent must be able to operate effectively across the full range of HR disciplines and be able to work with managers and colleagues at all levels across the business. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the business on a broad range of interesting and challenging initiatives.
- Act as a Senior Business Partner to key BU stakeholders, engendering credibility and building and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
- Act as a key point of contact to clients, providing guidance and recommendations across the entire suite of HR Coverage responsibilities.
- Proactively partner with the business with regards to their resourcing/headcount plan
- Proactively partner with the business and the internal recruitment team on lateral recruitment activities, including identifying and selecting appropriate sources of candidates
- Partner with and, where appropriate, influence managers to ensure we are hiring the right calibre of candidates.
- Work with managers and the Compensation team to determine appropriate compensation levels for new hires.
- Ensure that all regulatory aspects of the hiring process are fulfilled including working closely with the HR Regulatory Remuneration team on any guarantee approvals required.
- Manage the recruitment approval process for senior hires with the business unit and the NY HR team.
- Actively market the employment proposition on various ad hoc initiatives and where involved in any specific hiring.
- Advise managers and employees on mobility and international transfer issues as required. Working with Corporate Tax, the Visa Team, Compliance and Employment Law on complex transfers
- Work with the business to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Advise and coach managers - and more junior members of the HR team -- across a wide range of employee relations issues taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcome.
- Influence managers and work with them to deal effectively and appropriately with the management of a range of performance, conduct and compliance issues.
- Liaise with in-house Legal advisors & Employee Relations where necessary.
- Work closely with the business to manage headcount data and people metrics.
- Partner with the HR Data team to provide appropriate and timely management data and presenting this to the business unit as required.
- Partner with the HR Regulatory Remuneration team to identify roles captured by regulations and manage the individuals and requirements of the regulations.
- Liaise with the business unit in relation to the requirements of the Senior Manager Certification regime and the compensation implications.
- Partner with the business to develop their Talent strategy, and with the Talent organization on the implementation of this.
- Work proactively with the business on succession planning for critical roles.
- Identify diversity focus areas and partner with the business to develop and implement their annual diversity plan.
- Manage a seamless promotion process for senior promotion levels, including the provision of metrics, training managers on form completion, advising training panel members and independent assessors to ensure a fair, robust and transparent process.
Reward and Compensation
- Work collaboratively with managers, the data team and HR counterparts in NY during the annual Year End compensation processes.
- Advise managers to ensure appropriate compensation decisions are made based upon performance, parity of awards, promotion etc.
- Stay abreast of market developments to ensure ability to proactively provide business with valuable market insight.
- Advising managers on compensation structures and regulatory requirements.
- Degree educated or equivalent.
- CIPD qualification preferred.
- Proven background within HR and Financial Services experience is essential. Ideally having partnered with a Front Office client group
- Broad understanding of the Regulatory Remuneration environment preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate fluently and effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong client relationship skills with proven ability to influence and persuade clients and colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task, perform effectively and efficiently under pressure and to adapt to change.
- Strong results focus and ability to deliver.