- Oakleaf Partnership
- £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Chemicals, Oil & Gas
- Contract type
My client, a multinational Oil & Gas business based in Surrey are currently recruiting for a HR People Advisor to join the team.
The primary purpose of the HR People Advisor role is to coach line managers to create and maintain engaged, high performing teams and support them through the critical 'moments that matter'.
You will work closely with HR Business Partners both within and across segments where appropriate, to ensure the co-ordinated delivery of high-quality HR support to the business / function. You will also manage relationships with key leaders for a business or function, ER risks and coach managers to inspire and drive development of their teams, through appropriate interventions. They are looking for someone who can operate as an advisor and coach to line managers enabling them to lead in a way that is consistent with the company's values and Leadership Expectations.
- The management of challenging people cases driving robust and fair process
- Delivery of HR calendar activities such as performance and pay review and the bi-annual talent review process
- Analysis of business metrics and data to provide insights
- Support of HR Business Partners in delivery of segment/business/function people plans and projects
- Actively developing breadth and depth across the HR technical areas (per Technical Edge) and able to provide professional advice in most of the areas
- Numeracy & analytical thinking - able to quickly and effectively analyse system generated data to provide insights (talent, reward, performance) and assimilate data and information from a range of sources to inform business insights.
- Risk Management - able to manage ambiguous ER/IR cases responsibly, identifying, pre-empting and mitigating risk. Knows when to seek coaching and advice from senior colleagues/legal.
- Solution focus - identifies and recommends solutions which will add value and/or enhance relationships and ways of working.
- Stakeholder management - Ability to engage with and influence key business and HR stakeholders. Uses partnering, basic consultancy skills and a 'coach approach' to build trust. Is continually enhancing skills in active listening, influencing and communication.
- Business acumen & customer focus
- Group mind set -frequently looks beyond own area/organisational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others. Successfully balances the needs of the client with local needs.
- Is self-aware and actively seeks input from others on impact and effectiveness
- Applies judgment and common sense- able to use insight and good judgement to enable commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- Acts with integrity; demonstrates the values
- Cultural fluency - actively seeks to understand cultural differences and sensitivities