People & Culture Coordinator
An exciting opportunity for a People & Culture coordinator based in Bracknell
The People & Culture Coordinator helps the People Team make sure the people have a great experience every day. You will be obsessed with providing smooth, friendly and fair processes to all whether in on-boarding, personal development, or during times of change.
Your new role
- People experience: you will help to provide a great experience for all our people by making sure we meet commitments, give clear advice/guidance, and treat them fairly.
- Organised and documented: You'll keep really organised in order to make sure all our process steps are completed and all checks, documentation and follow ups take place. You'll also make sure everything is accurate and documented so we can always see and understand what has been done, easily demonstrating compliance with any legal or certification requirements.
- Confidentiality and Information Security: you will be exposed to confidential personal and business information and so complete confidentiality must be maintained at all times, only releasing information to those authorised to receive it.
- Coordinate the completion of all people related processes, proactively following up to complete key tasks. Escalate any issues to make sure processes are followed.
- Documentation includes but is not limited to starter and background checks, changes to roles, performance management, training requests.
- Propose improvements to processes for a better employee experience and to reduce administrative efforts.
- Make sure people records and data are up to date and accurate.
- Support Talent Acquisition processes as required.
- Make sure new starters are welcomed into the business and that we have prepared for their arrival. Drive other departments and managers to set up equipment, logins etc.
- Participate in new starter induction training as necessary.
- Make sure managers set objectives for new starters so they are clear what is expected of them and by when.
- Work with managers to plan induction training so new starters can be effective as quickly as possible.
- Resolve employee questions and enquiries, or direct them to appropriate contacts.
- Support the implementation of policies and procedures, including representing the People Team in investigations or disciplinary/grievance meetings.
- Support and coordinate internal training sessions as required.
- Promote the wellbeing and fair treatment of all of our people.
- Prepare reports and analyse data as required, including after conducting new starter or engagement surveys, exit interviews.
- Coordinate regular communication from the People Team to managers and the wider business.
- Contribute content for newsletters, e-bulletins and other updates.
What you'll need to succeed
- Good organisation skills
- Good attention to detail and accuracy, whilst working at speed
- Good verbal and written communication
- Able to remain professional in all circumstances
- Able to maintain confidentiality in all circumstances
- Good MS Word skills - word, excel and Powerpoint
- Bachelors degree or substantial additional working experience
- CIPD or recruitment related certifications
- Good experience of HR administration across the employee lifecycle
- Good knowledge of requirements on businesses for legal compliance in terms of health and safety, employee screening and on-going checks. Actual experience of processing and reviewing documentation
- Experience of providing advice to managers/employees and of fielding their questions
- Experience of preparing reports / spread sheets eg to analyse diversity or in absence monitoring Experience of using an HRIS
- Knowledge of ACAS code of practice for disciplinary and grievances and experience of basic disciplinary investigations, meetings and appeals Experience of arranging and participating in training sessions
- Experience of working in an ISO certified environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.