Employee Relations Specialist (EMEA)
- City of London, London
- £450.00 - £550 per day
- Employee Relations
- Job Level
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
Your new company
The successful candidate will be required to provide technical expertise in relation to Employee Relations best practice and precedent, employment law, policy development and HR projects across the EMEA region. As a team their mission is to ensure the fair, equitable, objective and consistent treatment of staff.
Your new role
- Employee Relations Investigations function and be accountable for the service products provided
- Manage disciplinary and grievance processes (mainly focused on the UK), including conducting investigations, making recommendations regarding disciplinary action and conducting hearings
- Investigate employee related complaints and whistleblowing
- Suggest and track remedial recommendations
- Take accountability for managing individual caseloads
- Work with our HR Business Partner colleagues to help resolve issues and identify any changes that need to be made for the future to prevent re-occurrence
- Produce and deliver relevant training
- Look for ways to continually improve processes
- Support, coach and guide less experienced team colleagues
- Support colleagues across the EMEA offices
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience working as an Employee Relations specialist within a large matrix Financial Services environment will be a must.
- Experienced in Employment Law with a relevant qualification in this area
- Investigative skills and experience
- A sound knowledge of HR processes
- Strong influencing skills
- Project management experience
- The ability to work on your own initiative with strong attention to detail
- An excellent communicator, be able to assimilate large amounts of information and deal with the "grey"
- Generous with you time to help and coach less experienced colleagues
- Discrete in handling sensitive issues (you can keep a secret)
- Inquisitive and intellectually curious with the ability to think laterally
- Able to remain calm under pressure and maintain a sense of humour
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.