- General Dental Council
- £37,617-£44,255 per annum (subject to experience)
- Change Management, Learning & Development, Organisational Development, Recruitment & Resourcing, Training & Development
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
Our purpose is to protect the public by regulating dental professionals in the UK. All dentists, dental nurses, dental technicians, clinical dental technicians, dental hygienists, dental therapists and orthodontic therapists must be registered with us to work in the UK. The support and experience of our dedicated and highly focused teams is invaluable. This is your chance to build on your own skills and experience and make a worthwhile contribution to our work.
The GDC employs approximately 350 employees, mostly based in London. We also engage the services of over 500 associates and panellists who sit on our statutory committees, hearings and fitness to practise panels. From October 2018 a new Birmingham Office opened with circa 90 staff. Further staff will be joining throughout 2019.
About the role:
The GDC contracts the services of over 500 associates across the four nations of the UK. They act as members of committees and panels, or provide expert advisory, investigatory or adjudicatory services. We are seeking an Associates Partner to lead and facilitate activities across the associate lifestyle to ensure consistency and efficiency and promote a positive relationship between the GDC and its associate workforce.
The role will:
- Lead the development of standards and tools including recruitment, induction, development and performance review
- Provide advice and support to managers of associates
- Advise on associate recruitment campaigns and coordinate associate appointments
- Respond to general queries from associates regarding terms and conditions of engagement
- Maintain associate records, generate reports and oversee the integrity of information in the CRM database
- Lead and participate in projects relating to GDC’s associates including workforce planning, remuneration and policy review
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in other projects and initiatives as they relate to associates
You will have up to date knowledge of UK legislation that pertains to contractors and employee status. You will have experience in leading groups and individuals to achieve outcomes and a background working in human resources (or another relevant function) to provide proactive operational support and advice. You will have strong interpersonal skills and can communicate with confidence to a range of different stakeholders including executives and committees. You will have experience in analysing and presenting quantitative and qualitative data to support recommendations and decision making and will also be solution focused, able to respond to sensitive or challenging issues in a professional manner. Project management experience will see you perform well in this role as will the ability to work well under pressure whilst managing competing priorities.
Desirable - CIPD qualifications
The GDC is committed to equality and diversity. We encourage and support the recruitment, retention and career development of people from as wide a range as possible of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.
To reward you for your hard work and commitment, we offer an attractive benefits package that includes a generous pension scheme, flexi-time and 25 days’ annual leave (not inclusive of bank holidays).
How to apply:
Please follow the link below to apply via our careers website with your CV and covering letter.
Closing date: 23:59 hours on Sunday 16 December 2018.
Interviews will take place w/c 7 January 2019
Please no agencies unless instructed otherwise
There may be future roles available in our HR Team at our new Birmingham office and in London. If you are interested in working for us and would like to send us a speculative application, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com