Start up - HR Manager
To contribute to the strategic direction of HR through providing a consistently high performing HR & recruitment function. Responsible for delivering the resourcing plan in a timely fashion, attracting talented individuals that add value to the business. Champion and support the business in their HR activities, delivering best in class HR service.
A fast growing, green energy business based in North London
Job Purpose: To contribute to the strategic direction of HR through providing a consistently high performing recruitment function. Responsible for delivering the resourcing plan in a timely fashion, attracting talented individuals that add value to the business. Champion and support the business in their recruitment activities, delivering best in class recruitment service.
Support and deliver on the resourcing plan. Work within the HR team and the business to understand changing resourcing needs and deliver against the business resourcing plan.
Talent Pipelining Identify, source and manage appropriate new recruitment channels to support key roles with decreasing talent pools. Proactively identify future talent, both internal and external, for upcoming resourcing needs and manage this pipeline of talent.
Support and deliver effective recruitment activity. Design and develop the most effective recruitment and assessment processes to ensure new hires are fit for purpose and meet the capability needs of the business. Ensure that recruitment and selection procedures and practice meet operational needs, legislative and good practice requirements.
Monitoring, recording and evaluating the impact of recruitment activity. Maximise the use of the HRIS and ATS systems to support reporting, evaluating and monitoring of all recruitment activity to inform process improvements and cost effective delivering of new hires. Contribute to the wider HR agenda in order to reduce cost of hire where possible.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the HRD to deliver a fit for purpose resourcing and talent attraction strategy that aligns with the business growth strategy
- Develop appropriate strategies, tactics, funnels, tools and procedures that deliver high calibre recruits on an 'on time basis' and an effective cost of hire.
- Provide guidance, advice and input to internal stakeholders on their current and upcoming resourcing requirements.
- Work with HR and Hiring teams and support the development of effective identification of core role capabilities and the development of effective job descriptions and other collaterals that provide candidates and team members with job clarity and support the internal talent management processes
- Lead all recruitment activity across the head office, coordinating business leads where appropriate. Support the recruitment process with screening, interviewing and assessing where needed.
- Act as the in house recruitment and resourcing lead and expert. Offering advice guidance and counsel to the business to enhance their recruitment capabilities
- Maximise the benefits and use of various recruitment mediums and vehicles, to build a strong pipeline of key talent within our various job functions.
- Where appropriate lead on relationships with external stakeholders and agencies for both permanent and temporary staff, ensuring value for money and return on investment
Use of technology and reporting
- Maximise the use of the HRIS recruitment tool and ensure capture of all relevant data for appropriate management and measurement of recruitment activity
- Forecast and report on recruitment activity to include for example costs, pipeline activity performance vs targets.
- A commitment to and passion for the values and purpose of the organisation and its people.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- Effective written communication skills and ability to develop recruitment and assessment materials.
- Capable of managing, motivating and developing people to deliver required outcomes.
- Ability to work under pressure and flexibly in order to meet a varied, wide ranging and demanding workload which is often time-critical.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse and understand data and information quickly. Use information, insights and knowledge in a structured way to identify options, make recommendations and make robust, defendable decisions.
- Strong IT skills, in particular MS Office suite to include PowerPoint.
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Demonstrable breadth of experience in recruitment strategies, techniques and approaches for all level of roles up to and including Senior Executive
- Some experience dealing with generalist HR issues
- Ideally, BPS level B or equivalent, able to use psychometric tools to support recruitment
- Knowledge and experience of use of on line tools, e.g. job boards, social media, selection materials, tools etc.
- Understands the important of confidentiality and DPA requirements
- Experience of managing and implementing innovative recruitment and resourcing projects.
- An appropriate HR or Business qualification.
£45,000 - £50,000 plus bonus plus benefits