Permanent HRBP job available in Manchester paying up to £53k
We are partnering with a well known global professional services firm with 50+ offices and over 5000 employees. This role sits within the HR Operations team responsible for supporting the business services team. It is a national role with primary responsibility for the UK based arm of the global IT Department.
This role requires matrix management and working structure as whilst the individual will be based in Manchester, their clients will be across the whole of the UK and they may also be required to liaise with their global peers on projects and issues. Additionally, whilst a colleague will have primary responsibility for another business services team, this individual will be expected to manage and support issues and projects in other teams, that happen locally. The HR team in the UK consists of over 50 people. We have specialist teams in Resourcing, Graduate Recruitment and Management, Learning and Development, Systems and MI and Reward. The HR Operations team are based in offices across the UK, working as one team to deliver a business partnering service to our fee earning and business services teams.
- Work with the Senior HR team to develop the HR function and ensure that it is meeting the strategic objectives of the firm
- Position HR as a strategic business partner within client groups and contribute to business planning and strategic discussions by providing commercial advice and support on all HR Operational issues
- Develop and sustain strong business relationships with client groups to become a trusted advisor
- Coach and support Managers and Team Leaders in the development of their people management skills
- Work with the wider business to ensure initiatives and solutions have full support ahead of implementation.
- Influencing and supporting change management across the practice
- Propose new ideas that may lead to better strategic decisions
- Work with the departments to ensure the structure of the business services department is appropriate to meet the strategic aims of the various teams
- Working with the Senior HR Manager for the business services teams, advise and guide on re-organisations, restructuring, redundancies, and transfers
- Work with the Senior HR Officer as appropriate on the implementation of various policies and practices including maternity, flexible working, mentoring, equal opportunities, headcount management, and dismissal
- Work with the Senior HR team to communicate and share expertise with the wider team
- Work with L&D colleagues to ensure that fee earners have the right skills, experience and knowledge to manage people effectively and to help and support them when gaps are identified. Facilitate and deliver L&D programmes as and when required
- Work with the other HR Business Partners and senior management to review and update the Career Development
- Review (CDR) forms annually. Assist in the implementation of the process
- For the client groups, lead the annual performance moderations process, working as a project team with the rest of the business services HR team
- Coach client groups in the delivery of effective feedback and constructive performance management based
- Identify training needs and liaise with the L&D team to identify and deliver targeted and effective training
- Keep up to date on market intelligence on salaries and remuneration for client groups and feed that back into the salary review process
- Run and implement a commercial salary review process which targets market 'hot spots' and high performers
- Working with the senior HR team and the business on various change-management projects within the firm
* Graduate or equivalent and ideally GCIPD qualified
* HR Professional with previous experience of building effective relationships with senior stakeholders
* Preferably legal or professional services experience & experience of supporting corporate functions is essential in particular IT departments would be fantastic
* Experience of managing junior staff preferable
* Strong team player essential
* Commercially astute and a good understanding of the practical application of HR
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong influencing skills and ability to build credibility quickly * Integrity and discretion * Ability to inspire confidence and respect at all levels * Flexible in thinking and approach
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.