Oakleaf Partnership are currently working with a large national charity who are looking to appoint a Head of People Operations to join their team. This role will report into the HR Director and be accountable for three teams including Recruitment, People Shared Services and People Advisory Services. The purpose of the role will be to ensure an efficient and effective people across the group including change and continuous improvement and ensuring key targets are achieved.
The Priorities for the role are as follows
- Ensure effective ongoing delivery of business as usual for operational people services teams including recruitment, shared services, employee relations (total staff = 12 -15)
- Ensure Workday processes and systems are effectively implemented and ensure maximum benefit/utilisation
- Identify and recommend future requirements on roles and responsibilities for the effective management and utilisation of Workday people processes/modules
- Ensure an action plan is developed and implemented from the recommendations from the external recruitment review, including any changes required to roles and responsibilities
- Re-tender the managed agency supply contract in conjunction with the Recruitment Manager and Operational Managers
- Contribute to the wider back office transformation project aimed at ensuring responsive and cost effective central services to operations
- As a member of the senior management team, provide leadership and ensure effective joint up and coordinated working across the department
As well as an impressive track record in People Operations/Human Resources, you have up‐to‐date and in‐depth knowledge of UK HR best practice and employment law and experience of its application. We'll also be looking for the ability to continually review and proactively identify improvements to service delivery to enhance performance. Used to driving, managing, planning and implementing change, you're great at handling tendering and managing HR contracts. What's more, you're an inspirational leader with great coaching, negotiating and influencing skills, a flair for analysis, problem solving and innovation and an innate ability to quickly gain credibility with everyone you deal with.
This post is offered as a 12 month fixed term contract in the first instance.