Head of Human Resources
- Varied HR position in rapidly growing international business.
- Opportunity to support the Board in the most Senior HR position.
About Our Client
Europa Worldwide Group is a dynamic, market-leading logistics and distribution company who have the ambition to be the very best at everything they do. Established in 1966, they deliver pro-active and innovative freight solutions worldwide, with a service wrapped in passion and personality.
Now with 4 specialist divisions - Road, Air & Sea, Showfreight and Warehouse - Europa have representation in six continents, operate in over 120 countries, employ nearly 800 staff and have a turnover of over £160 million.
The newly defined Head of Human Resources role is needed to support the significant and exciting period of business expansion and growth both organic and via acquisitions, and you will be based at the Corporate Head office in Dartford, Kent.
This Head of Human Resources position is a broad and varied role overseeing all areas of Human Resources as well as Recruitment, Talent Acquisition, Payroll and Pensions. You will report to the Board, and will lead a small team.
You will provide creative leadership on driving culture change, organisation design and capability development as well as supporting and guiding the Senior Management Team through the changes.
More specific responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Managing the entire employee life cycle such as recruitment, induction, performance appraisals, and promotions to leaving, alumni, pension and benefit reviews.
- Ensuring the company is compliant in accordance with relevant Employment Legislation
- Providing exceptional HR support for internal key stakeholders
- Issuing Board reports such as but not limited to attrition, sickness, recruitment, gender pay gap, salaries and engagement surveys
- Ensuring that the employee handbook, contract packages, policies and procedures are compliant and up-to-date.
- Carrying out recruitment and talent acquisition in line with company business changes and development
- Overseeing the payroll function
- Acting as a champion for driving equal opportunities within the organisation
- Proactively manage the talent development for future leaders within the company
- Handling all disciplinary and grievance matters in a timely and effective manner, including Transfer of Undertakings, Protection of Employment Regulations (TUPE) matters.
- Supporting acquisition integration when required
- Be a Company Trustee for the defined benefit pension scheme and manage the necessary administration for the meetings.
- Carrying out the administration of the group personal pension scheme and auto-enrolment scheme
The Successful Applicant
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a people focused Head of Human Resources to drive the development and implementation of HR strategy at this exciting time of continued expansion. You will hold a key role in the talent attraction process, so must demonstrate an enthusiasm for the business and your role which makes other people want to join the company.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to form a key part of the senior management team.
- Have great interpersonal skills with a flexible and pragmatic approach and a pro-active approach to work
- Demonstrate creative leadership skills in driving cultural change, organisational design and capability development.
- Have experience of leading the development and implementation of HR strategy
- Be adaptive to change given the growth and expansion of the business
- Have strong organisational and management skills
- Have experience of Payroll, Pensions, Compliance, Recruitment and Talent Acquisition
- Be highly trustworthy and demonstrate personal integrity, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of UK employment law
- Be pro-active, pragmatic, self-motivated and creative in approach
- Ideally be CIPM Level 5 qualified or above and have been educated to degree level
What's on Offer
- Circa £70,000 per annum
- Company car or car allowance equivalent
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- 6% matched pension
Ref Code: MPTC13968177Z