HR Business Partner
- Johnson Matthey
- Royston, Herts
- £Competitive + Bens
- HR Business Partner, HR Generalist, HR Manager
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
At Johnson Matthey, our vision is to build our 3rd century through value adding sustainable technologies. We believe that by investing in our people we will have the best talent and by investing in our products and technology this will allow us to differentiate ourselves from our competitors. Which will equate to our mission of being a great place to work.
Our Clean Air Sector excels in sustainable technology. We use our scientific know-how to create innovative products that play a crucial part in reducing harmful emissions and improving air quality, helping our customers meet legislative requirements globally. As a supplier of one third of catalysts into the automotive industry around the world, we are playing our part in creating a future for tomorrow.
An exciting new opportunity has been created for an experienced HR Business Partner to join the JM Clean Air sector HR team. Reporting to the Lead HR Business Partner, you will be responsible for implementing appropriate people plans and organisational structures together with our line managers.
This will include supporting talent management, engagement and the owning of complex employee relations case work within the EU region. As an effective communicator, you will coach and advise our line managers to develop resource plans that meet the demands of the business working up to 12 months in advance.
You will also promote inclusion and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation. Coaching our line managers to be effective managers of people will be a core part of the role. With a strong track record in collaboration, you will have presence in the business by building strategic working relationships to gain an understanding of our key business drivers.
- Embed a culture where all staff are developed to their full potential through robust development planning, advise managers on the management of their teams from reward and recognition through to implementing HR policies and principles
- Support Managers with organisational design and change within their areas
- Coach line managers, and support the HR Services team, to provide trusted and commercially focussed advice to manage disciplinary, capability, grievances and performance issues
- Build the capability of line managers to implement our leadership framework, maintaining regular contact with managers across the business area in order to help identify and solve potential problems before they grow
- Support with employee relations cases of projects and some delivery / coaching managers on the processes
Are you the ideal candidate?
- CIPD qualified to at least Affiliate membership
- A degree or equivalent experience within a relevant field
- Had exposure to HR within the EU region, employee relations, Collective agreements and work councils
- Proven ability to collaborate, persuade and influence change at different levels within an organisation
- Knowledge of UK employment law and experience with complex employment relations issues
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working within a matrix environment is desirable but not essential.
- This role will suit an individual who enjoys working in a consultative style and being closely involved in the wider business strategy but is either not being fully utilised in their current business partnering role or is looking for the opportunity to step up into a more challenging role.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online here on Changeboard.