HR Manager – Recruitment Operations
Roles & Responsibilities
· Provide strong leadership to the Recruitment Operations team, ensuring that effective relationships are built and maintained across the team and the appropriate levels within the business.
· Manage resources within the Recruitment Operations team to the agreed budget.
· Build a high performing Recruitment Operations team, ensuring recruitment, engagement, succession and development plans are in place to optimise output and manage attrition.
· Provide expertise and guidance to the Recruitment Operations team, to improve overall SLAs and performance for the business in the time to hire candidates. Upskill the team to manage their performance system and bring continuous improvement to "the way we do business"
· Develop and maintain process maps, and, working with the People Technology team, develop reporting capability for the Recruitment Operations team, prepare regular and ad hoc reports, analyse, interpret and report on trends. Manage and coach internal resources to continually improve and work with the People Technology team to upgrade data and analytic capabilities
· Work with a specialist team of immigration advisors, to manage the process of securing and maintaining Tier 2 visa capability and associated Certificate of Sponsorship requirements.
· Manage the commercials, performance, and working relationships relating to the background screening provider (currently Security Watch Dog, part of Capita Group).
· Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders (Recruitment Centre of Excellence; Ethics and Independence team; Immigration) to ensure end to end process performance is effective.
· Consult with managers and provide guidance to address specific recruitment issues.
· Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for inquiries.
· Integrate with the wider People Operations team to ensure effective service delivery through our own teams and those of our third party suppliers.
Essential skills and experience required
· Experience in the operational management of a recruitment services team within the UK. Team management experience is essential.
· Experience of operational delivery for the business in complex environments.
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a focussed, simple and commercially relevant manner
· Change and project management skills
· Strong influencing skills with the ability to challenge at all levels.
· Ability to influence at a senior level and manage complex stakeholder relationships
· Commercial acumen
· Leadership skills and personal drive to deliver results
· Experience of working cross functionally, especially across matrix organisations - with strong working relationships across HR Centres of Excellence and wider business units
· Experience of offshoring and / or working with an offshore provider.
· Experience of system implementation as an operational service provider (not as a system implementation lead)
· SAP / Success Factors experience would be an advantage in this role
Professional services / partnership led sector skills are desirable but not essential. Candidates from outside this sector will need to be self-aware and able to make a sector transition.