An exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner based in Reading
Your new role
As an integral member of the Human Resources team, this role is a generalist HR role with a high emphasis on Employee Relations and Learning and Development. Duties include:
- Act as a business partner to Line Managers and Employees, providing advice and guidance on employment policy and employee relations.
- Manage employee relation cases including disciplinary, capability and grievance matters liaising with International lawyers as required.
- Work with colleagues and managers to ensure planning and execution of structural changes and work with employees affected by changes to explain rationale and reinforce the need to change.
- Coordination of TUPE transfers both in and out of the business when there is a change in supplier contracts in conjunction with HR Manager.
- Ensure policies and documentation is kept up to date in line with employment law changes or changes in ESP working practices.
- Assist with the development of the HR team; actively involving and coaching the team on Employee relation matters and projects.
- HR project work in conjunction with HR Director and HR Manager.
- Assist the HR team with day to day HR administration as required during peak periods or where cover is required.
Learning & Development
- Develop core training modules and information for multiple roles within the organisation to inform and / or improve the skill level of our employees.
- Conduct training needs analysis / competency assessments to ensure that training is effectively targeted to address the skills gap between current and required skill levels.
- Deliver high quality, engaging and effective core training courses and modules to the very highest standards in formal (e.g. classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking / 121) and on-line (e.g. e-learning through ESP Learning) settings.
- Deliver the corporate induction programme.
- Develop training course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises.
- Develop and maintain training records within our HR database system.
- Working with HR Director, develop career paths and agreed competency framework which can be clearly communicated to staff.
- Identify additional supplementary sources of learning / external training courses / content which will support learner needs and aid both business development as well as ongoing business activity.
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Senior HR Advisor or Business Partner capacity in a fast paced environment.
- CIPD Qualified (Level 7)
- Proven ability to manage employee relations situations independently including redundancy and TUPE.
- Strong business acumen with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Competent in translating HR practice to business requirements.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability and willingness to travel within UK (driver's license required). Some international travel may also be required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.