Do you have an excellent Payroll background with experience of leading a team?
Are you knowledgeable in key areas such as Pensions, Payroll legislation, Payroll systems, Apprenticeship Levy and Taxes?
Ashley Kate are partnering with a well known organisation who are looking for a Payroll Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Location: St Albans (short walk from the city station)
- Job title: Payroll Manager
- Contract type: Permanent
- Salary: £40,000 - £43,000
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
This is a pivotal role for the organisation to ensure a proactive and effective payroll & pension service is delivered. As well as this you will be responsible for leading a small team of 5 employees and be heavily involved in system/process upgrades or implementations.
Other key duties:
- Monitor and manage the work of the payroll & pensions team
- Lead, coach, develop and motivate the team by holding team one to one meetings, regular reviews & appraisals, reviewing structure, resource and recruitment needs, resolving performance issues.
- Be confident in effectively managing change and working in challenging environments.
- Implement processes, procedures and controls and ensure these are followed and maintained as the business/system evolves.
- Identify ways in which efficiency and effectiveness of payroll processing would be improved.
- Responsible for the consolidation, preparation and submission of annual and other returns (P35, P11d, PSA etc) to HM Revenue and Customs in accordance with statutory deadlines.
- Act as primary point of contact regarding payroll and pension queries
- To manage and control the payroll software and database.
- Fully supportive of Payroll projects
- To keep up to date with relevant regulations/legislation and determine the impact of any changes, taking action to implement changes where necessary.
- Any other necessary duties to fulfil requirements of the post or as directed by line manager.
The ideal Payroll Manager will have as many of the following in order to strengthen their application:
- Extensive practical experience in a payroll department
- Previous experience either supervising or line managing employees
- Relevant Payroll qualification
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills in order to interpret and compile relevant reports in support of business decisions
- Experience of using Payroll systems Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Relevant payroll legislation such as pension, apprenticeship levy, taxes etc
Key words: Payroll, Pay, Wage, Salary, Pensions, Tax
Location: Commutable from Bedford, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden city, Watford, Enfield, Luton and Thameslink
If you are interested in the Payroll Manager role, please apply immediately due to the urgency of this role. If you have any questions at all please contact Kate Ryder on 0203 800 1500.
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialise in recruitment nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.