Director of HR and Organisational Development
- Competitive remuneration
- HR Director, Organisational Development
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Contract type
The Trust provides acute healthcare services at Great Western Hospital (GWH) to approximately 350,000 people in Swindon and North Wiltshire and to parts of Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and West Berkshire, as well as community services across Swindon in various settings and people’s homes. We remain ambitions and are investing significantly in the development of our estate, our service portfolio and importantly, in the technology that supports the delivery of clinical care.
The coming years will see the Trust respond to a wide range of challenges by driving a programme of transformation that will radically reshape how GWH operates as an organisation and how patients access the care that we provide.
This is a pivotal time for the organisation and we are seeking to appoint a Director of HR and OD who will work together with Board colleagues to continue to innovate and improve outcomes.
- Lead the Trust’s HR and OD agenda, ensuring the organisation has a quality, affordable and productive workforce, whose potential and engagement is maximised.
- Play a key part at Board level in shaping and implementing future plans and strategies, ensuring that the calibre and flexibility of the workforce are at the heart of the Trust’s decision making.
- Work closely with stakeholders and partners within and beyond the Trust, developing strong and effective relationships to achieve innovation, change and transformation.
- Demonstrable track record of successful and transformational HR leadership gained at, or near Board level in a comparatively complex and customer orientated environment.
- Well-developed expertise in driving an OD and people strategy that enables innovation, performance and efficiency improvement.
- Collaborative individual with excellent influencing, negotiating and communication skills and a commitment to excellence in service delivery.
To find out more, please click Apply for a candidate brief containing application instructions, or contact us quoting the reference CAG/68843.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 14th November 2018.