- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
- Employee Relations, HR Adviser, HR Generalist
- Contract type
Your new role
The main purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive operational HR support to the business undertaking a variety of different tasks and duties. This role may require some occasional travel.
The role will act as a generalist role however will have a particular focus around employee relations.
You duties will include but are not limited to:
- Working with the line managers to handle a wide range of employee relations, disciplinary or grievance issues that may arise.
- Handling all of the absence casework including long or short term sickness, that may come in and working with managers to deal with these.
- Providing general day to day advice to colleagues on a wide range of HR issues.
- You will work with the resourcing team in providing support to the HR Manager in relation to timely recruitment and resourcing.
- Supporting all new joiners from point of offer to date of commencement.
- You will also be involved in assisting managers with performance management.
This list is not extensive and you may be required to get involved in a number of other HR activities including ad-hoc HR projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will need to have worked in a similar role previously and have experience in a full generalist role.
- You must have experience delivering advice on a wide range of HR issues including griever and disciplinary up to and including dismissal.
- You will have experience dealing with a high volume of casework and be competent in managing your own workload. You must be able to juggle multiple different tasks and deadlines whilst still delivering the work to a high standard with exceptional attention to detail.
- You must be able, and confident enough to work autonomously with little or no supervision.
- You must be computer literate with a particular focus on Microsoft and Excel.
- You will have ideally worked within a professional services environment however this is not essential.
You will have the opportunity to work in a very well known, highly established law firm based in Manchester city centre. This role will offer you the opportunity to occasional travel to other offices giving you different types of experience. The role is offered on a 6 Month FTC and is paying a generous salary of up to £35,000 with great company benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.