UK Learning Design Architect
- A key objective of this role is to support Business Learning Partners (BLPs) and Programme Leads (PLs) with validating and scoping learning design requests
- Support BLPs and PLs with complex curriculum design and development
- Educate BLPs and PLs in how to engage with design, to meet business learning requirements more effectively.
- Be accountable for the effective design and creation of all new learning programmes for Learning Design
- Ensure that learning programmes are best in class and will be designed to efficiently deliver effective learning to support excellent client delivery in line with the UK Learning strategy
- Ensure UK Learning is looking to the future and taking advantages of modern approaches to learning
- In consultation with the Design Director and Design Managers, develop and implement the design and technology strategy to support the UK Learning strategy.
- Be accountable for the effective and high quality design of all Learning programmes, within budget, blending appropriate levels of technology, 70:20:10 principles, and ensuring non duplication of programmes or content in the design.
- Provide expert guidance to Business Learning Partners and Programme Leads who are validating and scoping learning needs.
- Be the initial point of contact, into the design team, for stakeholders. Exceptional stakeholder management is a required skill
- Be accountable for ensuring that the approval/prioritization process is followed.
- In consultation with the Learning Partners and Programme Directors/Managers create an annual plan for the design and redesign of learning programmes.
- Represent UK Learning Design at UK and Global forums relating to design protocol, technology use/plans.
- Stand in for the UK Learning Design Director, as and when required
- Act as Performance Manager for Learning Design Managers.
- Act as the senior relationship manager representing UK Learning Design. Owning and driving strong relationships between BLPs, and teams across UK Learning.
- Provide Design Lead advice in the shaping of significant priority learning initiatives (Technical instructional design expertise would be advantageous)
- Be accountable for design processes being developed and implemented.
- Have a strategic view across the future of learning and technologies.
Key touch points with other UK Learning roles and why
- Business Learning Partners – providing assistance with the scoping of a project
- Programme Leads – providing assistance with the scoping of a project and with curriculum design
- Design Managers – ensuring projects to be worked on by Design are better scoped and validated, and that projects are delivered to a high standard
- Design Leads – providing assistance on background to projects
- CoE Leads – for assistance with the scoping of a project
Processes to be familiar with