HR Manager - HR Advisory Team
The People Function plays a pivotal role in supporting the overall business strategy. In order to do this we are continually reviewing the way we recruit, develop and reward the people that work for KPMG to make sure that we attract and retain the very best and most diverse talent in the market place and enable them to achieve extraordinary things for our clients. At the heart of our people strategy lies a simple but powerful statement – “our people are extraordinary”
The People Operations teams provide administrative and advisory support to our UK Business and through our ‘service pledge’ underpin our overall People Strategy and Vision. We are a busy team covering operational tasks for people from interviews through to references where we are consistently looking for ways to improve on the expectations of our customers across the business with the service we deliver
Context of Role
You will be leading and managing our HR Advisory team offering HR Case Administration and HR Advisory services across a number of HR Disciplines to KPMG UK.
As part of the People Operations leadership team, you will work closely with the HR Leads (Heads of HR), COE’s and the wider HR teams. You will ensure that the service provision is fit for purpose and supports in driving forward the overall UK People agenda.
You will act as an escalation point for HR Assistant Managers on complex ER cases and programmes and play a key role in ensuring a consistent approach is taken by the team Working closely with our data and analytics team, you will be responsible for the provision of timely and informed data to the Senior People Leadership team, including recommendations on trends and process and performance improvement
You will have a background in leading a team of ER/HR Advisors and/or HR Business Partnering You will be used to high volume case management, and you will also be a skilled communicator You will have a track record in delivering outcomes in a broad spectrum of employee related issues and strategic projects
You will drive a customer centric culture across the operation, helping to develop our overall managed service strategy within KBS Business Services.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times.
Role & Responsibilities
· Provide expertise and guidance to the HR Advisory Assistant Managers for case management of ER issues, including performance management and absence management from initial intake to resolution.
· Maintain and develop case management systems and technology for the Advisory team, prepare regular and ad hoc reports, analyse, interpret and report on trends.
· Consult with managers and provide guidance to address specific employee performance concerns, including performance improvement plans and involuntary terminations processes and practices. Guide and train Performance and People Managers in overall performance management concepts in alignment with company philosophy, practices, and processes.
· Provide general expertise, consultation, guidance and coaching to managers, HR teams, and other internal stakeholders to address employee behaviour and performance concerns.
· Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, employment law, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for inquiries. Review employment practices and procedures for effectiveness; providing input and recommendations for process, practice and/or policy changes with our Employment Law and ER Investigation COE’s . Partner with business leaders and Human Resource Partners in improving manager and team capability and effectiveness by identifying root causes to issues.
· Organisational changes: Advise and consult with managers, HR teams and COE's on redundancies, including preparation of internal documentation in accordance with company policies, practices and employment laws. Project Management: Coordinate and manage internal resources to develop and manage projects on time and within scope, developing project plans, measurement of performance of the project and creation and maintenance of project documentation.
Manage and coach internal resources to continually improve and work with the People Technology team to upgrade data and analytic capabilities
Experience, Qualification & Skills
Essential skills and experience required
· Experience in the operational management of a HR Advisory team (10000+ colleague base) within the UK across all disciplines
· Experience of operational delivery for the business in complex environments, Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a focussed, simple and commercially relevant manner
· Change and Project management skills
· Strong influencing skills with the ability to challenge at all levels. A bility to influence at a senior level and manage complex stakeholder relationships
· Commercial awareness
· Leadership skills and personal drive to deliver results;
· Experience of working cross functionally, especially across HR Centre of Excellences and matrix organisations - with strong working relationships across HR Centres of Excellence, HR Leads and wider business units
· CIPD qualified with a minimum 3 years of experience of managing a HR Advisory team
Desirable skills :
· Experience of programme management including TUPE, M&A