Your new company
Is a non for profit organisation based in the centre of Manchester.
Your new role
Will be to provide a generalist HR Advisor function for managers in relation to the lay workforce and to supply HR guidance to Senior Clergy / Clergy with regard office holders. The role will have a number of key duties:
- Working within a small HR Team to provide robust HR services across the business
- Looking after recruitment within the business, including working with line managers to determine the business needs, writing job adverts, advertising jobs, shortlisting and supporting managers with interviewing. This will also include all pre-employment checks and offer letter generation
- Helping to update policies and procedures, and implementing them throughout the business in a consistent manner
- Advising Managers across a wide range of Employee Relations cases, including return to works, long term sickness, grievance, and performance management and disciplinary. You will have full support from the HR Manager with more complex cases as these will be escalated.
- HR Administration and transactional work, including maintaining employee records, updating records and maintaining the HR database
This list is not extensive and other duties may be required.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed, you will need strong and robust HR generalist experience, including exposure to Employee Relations cases. You must have a relevant HR qualification and be confident with your delivery. This is a religious organisation, so although you do not need to be religious, you must be understanding of the environment in which you are working.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a salary of £28,198pa, which will be reviewed regularly dependant on performance and length of service, meaning you may be able to work up to a salary of circa £33,000pa. You will be working 3 hours per week and this is relatively flexible. You will receive 22 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional 3 church holidays. This will increase to 25 days holiday after 1 year (plus banks and 3 church hols). You will receive a fantastic pension - 3% employee contribution and 11% employer contribution.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.