HR Advisor required for our Guildford based client, £34-36k, 12 month fixed term contract
Your new company
A charitable organisation based in Guildford, Surrey
Your new role
To provide comprehensive and professional HR services and support for the organisation. This is a 12 month fixed term contract. Salary £34,000 - £36,000
- To advise managers on HR best practices across a range of HR topics, including recruitment, performance management, employment practices, disciplinary and grievance processes.
- To manage staff sickness absence and leave records.
- To manage disciplinary, capability, exit and redundancy processes, when applicable, alongside line managers.
- To administer staff annual appraisals.
- To support line manager on identifying training and development needs for staff; source cost effective training and arrange, as required.
- To support the preparation of a business case for an HR Information System (HRIS) and the sourcing of a provider; take a lead role on planning for and implementing the rollout.
- To be responsible for HR administration for all staff, i.e. processing of all documentation from recruitment through to leaving.
- To keep up-to-date on employment legislation and HR best practices.
- To be a first point of contact on any HR and policy-related queries, ensuring that queries are followed up swiftly and responded to by the most appropriate person.
- To manage sickness absence records.
- To draft and update HR policies, processes and procedures for review with the HR Director, prior to submissions to the senior leadership team for approval. To manage the implementation and communication of updated policies, processes and procedures.
- To arrange the annual pay review meeting, i.e. provide background data, draft recommendations, in consultation with the HR Director
- To be responsible for recruitment projects, i.e. working closely with line managers to identify requirements, ensuring that comprehensive job and person specifications are prepared, the salary ranges are approved, job application packs and advertisements are prepared, approved and issued.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree or equivalent level of education.
- CIPD qualified, or relevant equivalent HR experience.
- Previous experience of operating in a professional environment such as legal services or a large charity/public sector organisation.
- Providing HR advice to managers at all levels in an organisation.
- Development of HR policies and good practice guidance.
- Strong working knowledge of UK employment legislation and the ability to apply these to a variety of situations, using a pragmatic and common sense approach.
- Knowledge and understanding of personalities and behavioural styles in order to work collaboratively.
What you'll get in return
A base salary of £34,000 - £36,000 plus benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.