Assistant Director of Human Resources
Assistant Director of Human Resources, Contract until March 2020The Assistant Director of Human Resources has responsibility for the delivery and monitoring of the organisations Human Resource strategy and is responsible for the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the HR function supporting the Director of HR in providing a high quality HR service in support of the Strategic Plan. The successful individual will deputise for the Director of HR across the full range of duties contributing to the maximisation of the effectiveness of staff and resources, and upholding the highest standards of professionalism within the department.
Key Responsibilities include
- To produce a range of written material, including complex reports, papers, policies, procedures, guidelines and letters dealing with specialist, strategic and sensitive matters that have an impact/bearing on HR operations.
- To lead and direct the work of professional, specialist and support staff of the department.
- To facilitate the maintenance of effective industrial relations including consultation and negotiation with recognised trades unions and staff groups as appropriate.
To advise senior managers on disciplinary and grievance issues and to assist in the representation of the organisation at employment tribunal cases.
- To contribute to the setting of Human Resources specific performance objectives and apply appropriate Performance Indicators accordingly.
- To develop and implement best practice in employment policy and procedures, with particular regard for equal opportunities.
- To take operational decisions concerning the delivery and development of the Human Resources department.
- To have budgetary authority for the areas of responsibility agreed with the Director of Human Resources.
- To actively participate in the development of efficient and effective management structures and administrative systems within the department and integrated processes and procedures.
- To develop and evaluate measures designed to improve operational effectiveness and innovate changes accordingly.
- To advise on and assist in the development of payment reward systems and appropriate grading structures (e.g. salary structures, Performance Related Pay) suitable to all groups of staff. Ensure that they are fair, equitable and appropriately implemented.
- As line manager for a number of staff, to be aware of the factors and pressures that can affect the performance and well-being of colleagues and to be a first-line of support working within established policy and guidelines.
- To fulfil the organisations equality and diversity policy, understanding how it operates within the responsibilities of the post.
What you'll need to succeed
- MCIPD and generalist HR experience
- Experience of managing complex employee relations cases, including capability, disciplinary and grievance and ability to coach and support a team of advisors to effectively manage such issues.
- Experience and ability of leading on complex change programmes including multiple restructures and changes to terms and conditions
- Ability to lead, manage, coach and support a broad range of HR professionals including, HR Advisory teams, Admin and Payroll and Systems and data
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to influence others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentations, report writing and the ability to communicate complex issues.
- Thorough working knowledge of employment legislation and dealing with related issues.
- Knowledge and experience of job evaluation schemes.
- Experience of working constructively with staff representatives or trade unions
- Ability to work collaboratively with HR Colleagues and proven experience of building and maintaining relationships with senior managers
- Communicates with energy and enthusiasm using a variety of approaches
What you'll get in return
A base salary of £50,000 - £60,000
* 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days after 5 years.
* You will also benefit from Christmas shut down, not to be taken from your holiday allowance. You would be entitled to finish on Friday 21st December, having the whole Christmas break and return on 2nd January
* Local government pension
* Student discount card enabling you to receive discounts
* Free parking
* Cycle to work scheme
* Farnham sports discounts
* Sickness scheme
* Life assurance
* 36.25 hour working week
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
More search results
HR Business Partner, Performance Assessment
Human Resources - People Director
The Finsbury Group Ltd.
Human Resources Business Partner - Hotel Services
Cleveland Clinic London
Interim Senior HRBP – Financial Services
Human Resources Business Partner - Nursing
Cleveland Clinic London