Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that is dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies. We offer an extensive array of award-winning products across the world ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices.
Due to an exciting period of growth we are searching for an HR Advisor to work within our EMEAR HR team providing advice and practical support to line managers and employees on a variety of HR subjects across MEA. Reporting into the HR Manager for the region you will also have an opportunity to review, implement and ensure all administration procedures run smoothly, consistently maintaining a high level of service to all customers, internal and external. The successful applicant will also have responsibility for leading and supporting in the implementation of specific local and EMEAR HR projects.
The role is based out of our UK office at Westside, Hemel Hempstead, Herts with travel expected across the region as required.
- Provide an end to end HR support service covering the end to end employee lifecycle. Work with other HR team members to support and advise on more complex/strategic issues and where required escalate to the HR lead or relevant HR Business Partner/EMER Specialist
- Proactively manage employee relations cases, absence and welfare issues. Provide administrative support to ensure best practice, adherence to legislation requirements and Epson’s policies
- Co-ordinate and participate in recruitment and selection activities, working with HR lead and/or (Central) Resourcing team to contribute to a professional and efficient recruitment process. To include recruitment administration, administering assessments and, where appropriate conducting interviews to support managers
- Administer the on boarding process of new employees
- Advise on and implement all required HR administration, policies, procedures and communication for the employee lifecycle, including accurate and timely maintenance of all HR Systems and records
- Support the Performance Management (PM) cycle ensuring that all requirements and timescales for objective setting, mid/end of year reviews are met
- Support line managers to develop knowledge and good performance management practice and further embed the PM processes
- Work with the relevant HR Manager to identify, prioritise and deliver solutions for individual employee training needs
- Work with the EMEAR HR Team to ensure efficient training workshop scheduling and administration and supporting the delivery of learning initiatives to line managers and employees
- Support the HR lead and EMEAR Compensation & Benefits function in the co-ordination of local pay and benefits activities. May lead on specific projects or benefits co-ordination
- Support monthly and quarterly reporting including headcount / budget tracking, analysis and planning for approval by the HR lead to ensure accurate and timely submissions
- Support the HR lead in all required activities for employee representative and other regulatory bodies
- Contribute to and support the central/EMEAR alignment of activities, practices and policies by providing local input and support in the delivery and implementation of key HR projects.
Skills & Experience Required:
We are seeking to appoint an HR Advisor or Junior HR Advisor who has gained relevant experience in a related role ideally from within the technology industry and is looking to progress their career in a thriving and vibrant business:
- Strong generalist HR experience in a commercial HR Department, with proficiency in employment law and HR best practice (ER and employee lifecycle management)
- Ideally experienced operating in a matrix organisation, with exposure in other countries desirable
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to influence people at all levels
- Creative, flexible, with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Proficient in all MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Ideally experience working with HR Information Systems
- Excellent planning and organising approach, with the ability to balance conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Flexible, tolerant and resilient with a positive attitude to change
- Evidences a collaborative approach and the ability to work well with a broad group of colleagues
- Highly motivated, deadline focussed with the ability to consistently maintain high level of accuracy
- Good level of English and relevant local language skills (verbal and written)
Epson makes products for a wide range of customers and we are committed to having a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive salary and with an outstanding suite of benefits. Colleagues based in our offices at Westside, Hemel Hempstead work in an excellent waterside location with close proximity to Apsley train station, onsite parking and a subsidised restaurant.