HR Consultant - Employee Relations (ER) Case Manager
Grow with a company that puts customers first
There is an exciting opportunity for a HR Consultant to join our team either based out of our Milton Keynes or our Carlton Park (Leicester) Office until January 2020. There will also be a requirement to occasionally travel to other UK sites to attend meetings or training courses.
The role holder will join the HR Consultancy Team and will be responsible for providing a professional and efficient service to Santander UK, by supporting the management of cases including Stage 3 Disciplinaries, Grievances, Whistleblowing, Sickness Absence through to a successful conclusion by offering commercial, pragmatic and expert Employee Relations advice.
As the HR Consultant you will work with various business areas, advising both line managers and employees. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a passion for people and also the ability, and credibility, to make balanced judgements and decisions in often challenging and sometimes ambiguous situations. This role will provide great exposure as you will work with key stakeholders, including Employees, Trade Unions, Line Managers, Senior Managers, HR Shared Services, HR Business Partners, Compliance and Legal Departments.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
Closing Date: 25th October 2018
As a HR Consultant your main responsibilities will be
- Ensuring a fair and consistent approach to Stage 3 Disciplinary, Performance Management, Grievance, Long Term Sickness, Whistleblowing and Financial Management cases by providing telephony and face to face guidance to line managers or employees ensuring a consistent and pragmatic approach to issues
- Managing cases through to a successful conclusion in line with agreed SLAs
- Working closely with the Senior Employment Consultants to identify and escalate cases which may become more complex or result in employment tribunal claims
- Providing timely remote expert advice to line managers, employees and HR colleagues on the application and interpretation of a wide spectrum of HR Policies
- Managing a busy ER casework
- Supporting projects encompassing all areas of the employee lifecycle that will drive forward the business objectives and HR strategy
Minimum skills and experience required
- Excellent knowledge of UK employment law relating to case management, its associated risks and employment law’s practical application in the workplace
- Ability to influence at a senior level; strong stakeholder management skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Ability to manage high workloads and conflicting priorities
- Ability to consult and challenge in a constructive way
- Experience of providing expert advice and up skilling of line managers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to convey information in an articulate, appropriate and convincing way
- Experienced ER case manager
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You’ll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
You’ll be working in our Carlton Park offices just outside of Leicester city centre in Narborough. With a restaurant, coffee shop, Santander branch and free parking on site, well known childcare facility and gym nearby, it offers something for everyone.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.