Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have an exciting opportunity for a PMO to join our HR team in London to lead the People Transformation workstreams.
The role holder will lead the People Transformation Programme Office as a key work stream for Santander’s UK transformation programme of work.
The role holder will work in partnership with the Bank wide Transformation Office and the wider HR function to ensure the full people transformation agenda is delivered while also supporting HR projects and ensuring the associated project technology is effectively executed in line with the bank’s strategy.
You will actively and consistently communicate the people transformation agenda, working with senior stakeholders across divisions and functions of Santander UK, clearly articulating and delivering against key milestones and pro-actively identifying and mitigating against business, operational and reputational risk.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
Closing Date: 26.10.18
As a HR Transformation PMO your main responsibilities will be
- Managing programmes of inter-related people transformation activity that may cross divisional and functional boundaries, ensuring synergy with UK and corporate strategy and enabling business areas to achieve strategic objectives.
- Controlling the people aspect of Bank-wide transformation programmes in terms of cost, time, quality and benefits, determining the need for external consultancy support, and ensuring that all project deliverables are met.
- Establishing and maintaining governance framework for the delivery of people transformation projects and/or programmes and/or portfolios, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities that align with organisational practice.
- Identifying and monitoring people transformation projects and/or programme and/or portfolio risks, planning and implementing responses to these risks and responding to other issues that might affect the project and/or programme and/or portfolio.
- Developing and agreeing budgets for people transformation projects or programmes and managing actual and forecast costs against them.
- Preparing and maintaining schedules of people transformation projects and/or programme activities and events.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Extensive experience in project / programme management within a retail or financial services environment, including managing projects with significant impact.
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure and implications of changes made by the project / programme, including HR systems.
- Experience of optimising delivery of benefits across a range of projects, exploiting synergies between them.
- Previous experience with oversight of budget requirements and tracking.
- Experience of working within or in partnership with HR functions with a good understanding of HR change methodology.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Triton Square, London
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.