Senior Employee Relations Consultant (Industrial Relations Specialist)
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Employee Relations Consultant (Industrial Relations Specialist) to join our team in London.
This role sits in the Employee Relations & Policy team and is focused on managing the relationships between the Bank and its recognised Unions. You will support the Senior Manager Employee Relations in the day to day delivery of the Industrial Relations (IR) strategy to enable the Bank to achieve its business objectives. You will use technical expertise to provide advice and guidance on business changes, with the aim of ensuring the IR climate remains stable.
The role is also responsible for the maintenance of the IR infrastructure, enabling the business at all levels to engage and foster constructive relationships with our recognised Trade Unions so that issues are resolved at the earliest opportunity, mitigating risk of dispute.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Senior Employee Relations Consultant (Industrial Relations Specialist), your main responsibilities will be
- Supporting the Senior Manager Employee Relations in the day to day delivery of the Industrial Relations strategy, from managing meeting agendas to high level strategic thinking.
- Managing the relationship between the Bank and the Unions through established monthly forums. You will work to a calendar of events, leading the preparation & managing the agenda for meetings between senior Union officials and representatives of the Bank.
- Working with sensitive information, you should have an in-depth knowledge of the area to ensure the right information is included at the right time.
- Monitoring and analysing external conditions including the political climate and market conditions to determine how this will affect the Bank’s relationship with Unions, and work in partnership with Unions to agree suitable plans moving forward.
- Managing relationships with stakeholders in an advisory format, providing IR advice and guidance and ensuring all parties involved are kept up to date to ensure best practice.
- Supporting a variety of other tasks including change management, consultations, review of employment policy including T&Cs, and managing the negotiation of pay and reward.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Previous experience working with Trade Unions including an understanding of Industrial Relations issues, strategies and environment.
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level with a relevant CIPD qualification.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience operating at executive & senior management level.
- Political awareness and an awareness of how external environmental factors affect the industry and the relationship within Unions.
- Ideally, from a financial services background with experience working with unions on large change projects.
- Previous experience taking a partnership approach with Unions.
- Excellent relationship building skills is essential and experience building a professional network of contacts within the area is highly attractive
Salary – Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as Childcare vouchers, voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It’s one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in then please apply on the link below.
More search results
HR Business Partner, Performance Assessment
Human Resources - People Director
The Finsbury Group Ltd.
Human Resources Business Partner - Hotel Services
Cleveland Clinic London
Interim Senior HRBP – Financial Services
Human Resources Business Partner - Nursing
Cleveland Clinic London