HR Business Partner
- Cheltenham with some travel to Nordics region
- c. £65,000 with car allowance and benefits
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
Your life has almost certainly been touched by the work we do at Spirax Sarco. Everything you come across has been touched in one way or another by our products in virtually every area of industry, including food, beverages, healthcare and pharmaceuticals. Working at Spirax Sarco means being part of an international engineering group that is simply unmatched in its range of products, services and expertise. And what converts these into value for our customers, are our skilled, expert people. We believe our continued success depends on nurturing and developing our people through continuous training.
Our Northern Europe region holds diverse market and customer outlooks comprising of UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. These businesses have recently experienced significant organisational change, with relatively newly-formed Management Teams in the UK and Nordics. We have created a new HRBP role to focus on supporting these businesses, working closely with the Regional General Manager for Northern Europe and his management teams, to successfully build upon this journey and mature the region to a level of excellent performance.
Working with the Regional General Manager for Northern Europe and the HR Director for EMEA, this is a true business partnering role. We are looking for someone who wants to genuinely influence the people agenda for our UK and Nordics region, and who enjoys marrying that with a level of operational delivery.
- Be part of the UK and Nordics Management Teams, sharing accountability for the commercial and operational performance of those businesses, and developing our high performance culture.
- Have autonomy and scope to fully shape, drive and implement a commercially focused HR strategy for your region across all areas of HR activity including capability, employee engagement, employee relations and talent initiatives.
- Develop and maintain trusting and effective working relationships with senior line managers, challenging their thinking and working closely with them to co-develop solutions that meet their current and future business needs.
- Coach and advise your leadership colleagues and line managers in providing effective leadership on performance, succession and workforce planning to support the growth plan of the business.
To be successful, you will relish combining your comfort with working autonomously, with your experience of finding pragmatic ways to work cross-functionally. In addition, experience of working with sales or a similar highly operational business (e.g. retail, FMCG, aviation etc.) would be extremely advantageous. You will thrive in a highly commercial environment and, alongside your HR colleagues, strive to cement the position of the function as one of influence and strategic involvement. You will have/be:
- Solid experience in HR, including experience of business partnering, and demonstrated effective delivery of change projects. CIPD and/or degree qualified.
- Strong commercial approach with a good understanding of business needs – able to demonstrate insight. Together with experience of producing business plans, reports, metrics and KPIs, to improve understanding and drive insight-based people plans.
- Strong communication, influencing and coaching skills, and emotional intelligence, with proven examples of working in partnership with line managers and HR colleagues to improve talent management practices.
- Demonstrable ability to balance the strategic longer term thinking with shorter term tactical execution.
To apply please click the apply button and send your CV and covering letter to our recruitment partner, JM Consulting, outlining your current salary details and quoting reference no CB8351.