Commercial Manager - CSL
- £Competitive + Bens
- Change Management, Learning & Development, Organisational Development, Shared Services
- Contract type
The Commercial Supplier Manager will undertake:
- Demonstrate strong Contract and Supplier management skills with the ability to develop realistic and compelling strategies for communicating the value of supplier management strategies.
- Ability to work under pressure, managing conflicting requirements whilst meeting client expectations and delivering excellent client service within constrained timelines.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in managing and overseeing supplier contracts.
- Ensuring supplier delivery versus contractual requirements.
- Developing and driving supplier improvement plans when performance is not at required standard (whether contracted or otherwise).
- Managing/handling conflict resolution.
- Experience of procurement tools and processes.
- Set up of supplier account, including on-boarding and risk management activities.
Financial and Quantitative Analysis:
- Tracking and monitoring of financial performance of supplier delivery versus business requirements and/or contractual commitments.
- Tracking and monitoring of KPI / Management Information of supplier delivery versus contract and in particular and link and payment against risk/reward model.
- Ensuring relevant financial controls are in place to assess cost/price consistency & avoidance of irregularities.
- Data analysis to drive performance, ensure contract delivery.
Relationship Management and negotiation skills:
- Ability to build and develop relationships with suppliers.
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with key internal stakeholders demonstrating a full understanding of their drivers & requirements and ensuring the supplier is meeting the requirements of the business.
- Ability to understand and link the wider business environment to stakeholder requirements and drivers.
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with key external stakeholders, ensuring the supplier behaviours are channelled appropriately via the right conduit.
- To operate as the central point of contact for the Supplier into KPMG and for KPMG into the supplier.
- To be able to negotiate favourable rates with suppliers.
- Ability to rapidly build and develop effective relationships with key internal stakeholders demonstrating a full understanding of their drivers & requirements and identifying and providing appropriate support & solutions.
- Ability to obtain buy-in and support from Stakeholders to work collaboratively within roles and responsibilities which are to be clearly defined and communicated to the stakeholder(s).
- Operate as a trusted business advisor to the client function and become accepted as an integral member of the internal client’s team.
- Ability to work as part of a team, working closely with internal project managers, Sales and Finance teams in order to develop effective Stakeholder relationships.
- Act as a mentor to the less experienced members of the team, offering support and advice as appropriate.
- Ensuring supplier performance & contractual delivery is optimised.
- Ensure the smooth running of relationships with stakeholders.
- Help to reduce cost and enhance profit.
- Manage suppliers’ intellectual property appropriately.
- Achieve personal targets and help enable Commercial Team to meet its targets.
- In particular the position requires:
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills.
- Broad SRM experience with a proven track-record of successful management of supplier relationships, ideally within a managed services environment.
- Proven track-record of successfully overseeing large, multi-faceted, contracts with evidence of financial benefit delivery, effective contract management and innovation.
- Literacy – ability to understand and author complex business documents including reports, business cases, terms of reference, change control notes.
- Financial Acumen – ability to interpret high volume data analysis to ensure consistency, compliance and value.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) desirable but not essential.
- Preferably a fully qualified member of applicable national Procurement institute (e.g. CIPS) or legal qualification (e.g. BVC, LPC).
- Experience in Supplier Relationship Management or equivalent commercial roles.
- Relevant industry experience; Professional Services, learning, managed services etc.