Regional Director HR - UK & European Region
- Generalist HRD role with focus on change and transformation
- Balance between strategic and tactical delivery
About Our Client
Our client recently completed a major acquisition elevating their position to that of one of the industry's largest and most global support partners, offering comprehensive services to its customers. With facilities across North America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia the business serves a diverse customer base including commercial airlines, private aviation customers and government agencies.
The UK / European region has major facilities located in UK, Paris and The Netherlands employing 850 currently working across all divisions including Military & Energy, Components & Helicopter Services, Airlines & Fleets and Business Aviation.
The Regional Director of HR will be responsible for providing full-service HR support to all internal employees in the UK / European region. The position will be based in the Portsmouth area and support facilities in the UK, The Netherlands and France, as well as employees based in other European locations. The position will report to the VPHR - Military & Energy Sector - based in the US and will sit as part of the senior leadership team, managing a team of approximately c15 across the UK, The Netherlands, and France.
With a broad generalist background, candidates will be responsible for driving the commercial agenda through the provision of a best in class HR function.
The Successful Applicant
Interested candidates should:
- Have 10 years strategic HR leadership experience in manufacturing, engineering or aerospace / related industries
- Have both English and French language skills (French a strong benefit)
- Have experience of operating as a Business Partner to an executive director population
- Be able to coach and provide guidance to site Leaders on leadership / management skills and responsibilities along with challenging them, acting as their confidant and sounding board
- Have demonstrable experience of providing full HR services in UK and France with broader UK / Northern European experience
- Possess extensive knowledge of European Benefits, especially pensions
- Have Strong communication and influence skills with experience operating as a true HR Business Partner
- Be experienced in Compensation practices across multiple territories with strong analytic skills
- Have all-round general knowledge of the principles and practices of European Human Resources management, including ER/IR in a unionised environment in order to maintain positive employee relations
- Experienced in talent acquisition at all levels of an organisation
- Be self-motivated, results orientated, and reliable in order to take personal accountability for delivering all aspects of the operational HR agenda
- Be degree qualified, or equivalent
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus broader benefits package
Ref Code: MPTC13958287Z
Closing Date: 31/10/2018