Part Time HR Advisor
- Resource Bank
- HG4 1SL
- HR Adviser
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Information Technology, Advertising / Marketing / PR
- Contract type
Wolseley UK are currently recruiting a 15-month FTC part time HR Advisor to join our Employee Advice team. We are flexible on working hours and working days, if you are looking for a part time opportunity we want to hear from you.
You will be responsible for providing comprehensive, pragmatic and proactive customer focused Employee Relations (ER) support and advice to managers and employees, managing any related change activity including redundancy, TUPE and T&C’s / contractual changes. We are looking for an experienced ER Advisor who can manage their own cases, improving the people management ability of line managers and reducing the number/complexity of employee relations issues.
You will also be responsible:
- To support the “business as usual” Employee Relations team on the case management of cases such as grievance, disciplinary, conduct, capability, health, Long Term Sick, probationary, appeals, whistleblowing, drug and alcohol testing etc.
- Provision of expert advice in line with the relevant company policy whilst ensuring legal compliance and balancing commercial risk.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative relationships with customer base, demonstrating professional credibility.
- Keeping abreast of all relevant employment legislation and forthcoming changes
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an outgoing and experienced ER Advisor who is comfortable working under pressure whilst building and maintaining excellent relationships.
- CIPD qualified
- Sound knowledge of best practices of Human Resources with experience working in a HR Advisory / ER case management capacity
- Strong Redundancy, T&C’s changes and TUPE experience
- Significant experience in dealing with; Disciplinaries, Grievances, Appeals, Performance Management issues
- Ability to influence discussions with groups and individuals
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to succeed in your role, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
- pension plan
- holiday - 23 days increasing to 25 after 2 years’ service
- staff discount
Wolseley UK is the UK operating company of Ferguson plc, the world’s largest specialist distributer of plumbing and heating products. We supply 1.1 million customers with 1 million products carefully sourced from approximately 52,000 suppliers.
Today we operate Plumb, Parts, Drain, Pipe and Climate Center as separate businesses. We are working towards bringing every part of our businesses together to form one specialist trade merchant called Wolseley.
We are the UK’s largest plumbing, heating and cooling trade specialist merchant. Soon, our entire product range will be accessible under one roof. That means customers can easily reach all our products and specialisms, delivering on our promise of helping them achieve more.