Job Title: Interim UK HR Manager
Salary: £57,000 - £60,000 + plus bonus
Industry Sector: Manufacturing
Hours: Contract until Jan 2019, full time position
Ashley Kate are working with a leading international manufacturing organisation near Bedford. There are looking for an Interim UK HR Manager to support the organisation until a permanent candidate is secured.
As the lead HR representative for the UK you will be report into the Managing Director. You will need to be a HR professional that is both operational and hands on as well as have a strategic and commercial vision.
The role requires a consultative and collaborative approach in order to support the UK Managing Director with current HR issues.
You will have experience in a lead HR role within a blue collar organisation ideally that has an international head office ad framework.
About the role:
You will be responsible for the overall management of the UK HR function plus provide direct support and supervision to upskill the HR Assistant.
- Educate and support the operations management team in the areas of recruitment, staffing and performance of employees
- Responsible for leading facility efforts aimed at maintaining excellent employee relations.
- Provide management with the resources, development, and guidance to foster and reinforce strong positive employee relations
- Respond to employee relations issues, whether inquiries are from managers or employees. Investigate complaints and review all disciplinary action for legal and policy compliance
- Develops and implements staffing, retention, development plans and program(s) including temporary staffing to support facility needs. Maintains knowledge of local employment trends and issues. Analyses employment data and makes recommendations when appropriate
- Responsible for overseeing general employment practices including interviewing process, testing, participating in disciplinary actions and termination in accordance with corporate guidelines and local employment laws
- Identify top talent, both internally and externally, and work with local managers to assist in the attraction, recruitment, development and retention of diverse talent.
- Partner with appropriate departments and functions to deliver training and other required programs
- Leverage the use of tools/knowledge/informational sources to identify business trends and ensure appropriate solutions are in place to support the business
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness in the core HR technology, information and administrative processes, employment policies and practices
- Responsible for knowledge of corporate compensation and benefit plans
- Adapt the international framework to successfully implement into the UK workforce
- Lead on any change projects within the organisation such as restructures and redundancies and be able to manage the end state
- Manage the Payroll process and any challenges that may occur
- Responsible for knowledge of health, safety, and security issues in the workplace
About the Company:
This is a large International structured organisation with a family feel. This is a really great opportunity for a HR professional looking for a collaborative lead HR role.
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialise in recruitment nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.