Senior HR Advisor - 12 month FTC
- Page Group
- Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
- £35000 - £38000 per annum
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Pharma / Scientific
- Contract type
Looking for a HR Manager/ HR Business Partner/ Senior HR Advisor level to come work for a large global company based in Huntington.
Large global pharmaceutical company based in Huntington
Employee Relations & Case Management
Provides first line support & advice to line managers and employees on all employee relations issues and manages any associated case work in a timely manner e.g. short & long term absence management, investigations, disciplinary, grievances, consultations, under performance, informal issues, mediation.
Identifies employee relations trends and works with relevant HR colleagues and line managers to develop & deliver initiatives to address them.
Employee Engagement and Communication
Works in partnership with the Employee Voice and Site Leadership teams to develop and implement a site level employee engagement plan which delivers improved employee engagement.
Promotes improved communication and engagement within and across sites by building relationships with line managers and employees and facilitating communication between them.
Uses data from management reports (e.g sickness absence, employee turnover, exit interviews trends) to inform and advise line managers key areas of focus. Works with line managers to develop initiatives to address areas of concern.
Managerial Coaching & Support
Provides advice, support & coaching to line managers to enhance managerial capability.
In conjunction with other HR colleagues, develops materials and delivers training to enhance the skills and knowledge of line managers e.g employment law, managing sickness absence.
Supports collective and individual consultation processes associated with organisational changes (including redundancy) and changes to terms and conditions of employment.
HR Operational Processes
Contributes to the continuous improvement of HR operational processes by identifying opportunities to standardise, simplify and adopt best practice and participates in projects to implement agreed improvements.
Provides insight to the HR specialist teams (Reward, Recruitment & Learning & Development) on the needs of the business, the effectiveness of HR initiatives and current trends.
Handles complex enquiries from line managers and employees. This may be via telephone, email or in person.
Advises line managers on employment compliance requirements e.g. right to work, Working Time Directive, Data Protection (employee data) and takes action to ensure compliance is achieved and maintained.
Contributes to the review and updating of HR policies, procedures, template letters and contracts based on changes to legislation, best practice and lessons learned from implementation.
- Acts as an ambassador for the HR function and a role model for the HR Administration team, by demonstrating a professional, customer focussed approach and demonstrating HR technical competence.
- Actively encourages the HR Administration team to develop their HR knowledge and skills by coaching and sharing own knowledge and experience.
- Takes an active role in team meetings, HR projects, assisting other team members and/or leading projects where appropriate.
- Has the ability to work on own initiative, managing own workload and demonstrating personal accountability in the delivery of day to day work and projects.
- Has the ability to work collaboratively with line managers, employees and HR colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confident, articulate and professional with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (verbal and written) with the confidence to effectively challenge others' thinking when appropriate.
- Flexible approach with a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks.
- Ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure.
- Ability to effectively prioritise, plan and organise a high workload, driving progress on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong work ethic and providing a pro-active customer focussed approach.
- Ability to work with highly confidential information, using discretion and empathy at all times.
- High level of attention to detail ensuring accurate work.
Excellent salary and benefits