Head of Learning
- Competitive tax free salary & benefits
- Learning & Development, Training & Development, Head of HR
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Contract type
Established in 1929 in the Kingdom of Bahrain, Bahrain Petroleum Company (Bapco) was the first to discover oil in the Arabian Gulf in 1932. Since then, it has played a key role in the development and progress of the Kingdom.
Wholly owned by the Government of Bahrain, Bapco’s activities include refining, storage, and distribution of petroleum products, as well as sales and exports of crude oil and refined products.
Bapco has a rich history derived from its more than eighty years of legacy which has enriched the DNA and culture of the company. The company aspires to reach its vision to be recognized as a vibrant and empowering national energy company competing globally through its values of enterprise, trust and commitment. As a result, the company is embarking on one of its most ambitious and exciting journeys in its history through its Bapco Modernization Project (BMP). This refinery expansion project will take the company into a new era of modernization, commercialization, transformation and technological advancement.
Head Career Development works as an internal consultant to design, conduct and evaluate a range of learning development programmes. The job holder manages systems and processes to identify, develop and facilitate provision of learning and development solutions for career development as per Company policy and international standards to ensure that Bapco employees are equipped with the necessary skills to develop work efficiency for career development.
The job holder also provides a range of coaching and mentoring services as learning support to executive management, departmental heads and other designated candidates as appropriate.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and work/life balance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Liaise with executive management, Dept. Heads and other key stakeholders to develop an integrated and cost-effective leadership and management development strategy that services the company's business goals, succession plan and leadership competency framework requirements.
• Design, evaluate and deliver a cost effective mixed media curriculum for leadership, soft skills, personal development, communications and technical learning solutions to improve the skills capability of company employees at all levels and across all functional disciplines to strengthen work efficiency.
• Prepare the annual Career Development Section operational budget and ensure effective utilisation of staff, resources and learning facilities as per budget.
• Design & develop competency based Individual Development Programmes (lDPs), Accelerated Development Programmes (ADPs) and learning solutions in consultation with line management, other Learning and Development Department Heads and training specialists as well as external training providers to develop potential employees to targeted positions and to ensure suitability of learning programmes for job requirements.
• Provide advice and guidance to Divisional Heads and Line Departments on the identification of appropriate candidates and coordinate on the competency assessment as per company competency framework for succession planning decisions.
• Coordinate with external providers for identifying training programs and carry out on-going monitoring and evaluation of external training providers to ensure high quality training delivery and sustainability of training programs for the benefit of the Bapco employees.
Your Skills and Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in human resources and post graduate level qualification in Organizational Development, or equivalent.
• Certification in HR or Learning and Development is preferred.
• Minimum of twelve (12) years' experience in in Career development role in large corporation or consultancy firm.
• Extensive experience in learning and development program design and implementation.
• Ability to negotiate with dealing with external training providers.
• Ability to employ effective coaching and facilitation skills to plan for and respond to learning across content areas
• Team-oriented and skilled at working within a collaborative environment.
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications and experience of handling web-based systems.