Interim Manager, HR Service Development
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £450 - £750 per day
- Shared Services
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Contract type
A new and exciting role is now available with a leading international law firm. They are looking for an interim Senior Manager, HR Service Development whose role will be to lead the development, implementation and improvement of HR processes and services across the function, ensuring that services are meeting the needs of business customers. Partner within HR and the GSC to ensure appropriate Service Level Agreements are in place and delivered against, maintaining compliance and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
We are looking for candidates with a depth of experience within the HR shared service space, excellent relationship building skills and a strong project management background.
- Gatekeeper for all HR processes, ensuring consistency, standardisation, alignment and integration across HR sub functions and the GSC, as well as effective hand-offs to other functions, enabling effective end-to-end process management. Drive process engagement
- Develop and monitor Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering all HR functional services, including the GSC, that meet business requirements. Regularly review performance to identify and resolve issues and drive improvements.
- Put in place an effective change control process to manage the ongoing development of HR services / processes in response to business needs. Support governance and resource planning to ensure the supply of resources / services meets the business demands.
- Lead the establishment and development of feedback mechanisms to ensure the Voice of the Customer is built in to service improvement, process design and delivery.
- Lead HR engagement with third party providers to ensure services are delivered to meet business requirements, against agreed contractual parameters and with end to end process and service experience in mind
- Ensure accurate documentation and process manuals are designed and maintained for all HR processes, in collaboration with the GSC, HR Systems, individual policy and process owners. Work with policy owners, the GSC and other HR team members to effectively operationalise policy
- Deliver and monitor processes to ensure HR data and documentation (hard copy and electronic) is appropriately handled, managed and retained in compliance with data privacy regulations and other legal or regulatory requirements.
- Identify potential risks, issues and opportunities associated with HR service delivery. Work proactively with others in the organisation to mitigate risk and realise opportunities.
- Deal with escalated issues from within HR Operations, the GSC, Communities of Expertise and other HR colleagues and ensure their timely resolution.
- Monitor trends and ensure process or service issues are identified and resolved, working proactively with others in HR, the GSC and the wider organisation.
- Support the design, development and implementation of new technologies
- Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practice
- Project management and internal consulting skills underpinned by strong analytical capabilities.
- Fluent in the development and use of metrics for business decision making.
- Experience of business process design, process mapping, problem solving and decision making.
- Combined skills and experience in hands on HR service delivery & HR process improvement.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- The ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate at all levels within the organisation.
- Strong business acumen and willingness to take the initiative, to identify new opportunities and challenge established ways of doing things;
- Strong coaching, counselling and consulting skills, coupled with the ability to influence, negotiate and persuade.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships both within and outside the firm, acting as an effective brand ambassador for the business, and an internal change agent.
- A sound understanding of contemporary HR practices and HR best practice.
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, relevant regulations and policy. Detailed knowledge of data protection laws and regulations.
- Solid understanding of HR systems and ability to engage with technical specialists and partner with them as a functional expert.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Ideally CIPD qualified, with Lean six sigma, Prince 2 or equivalent qualifications or experience.