- Dorchester Collection
- Up to £45,000 per annum + bens
- Learning & Development, Talent Management, Training & Development, Training Adviser, Training Manager
- Job Level
- Contract type
We work with some of the most talented and unique individuals in our business, who always ensure the extraordinary guest experience of Dorchester Collection and the hotels within it. It is, after all, our people that bring our vision to life. As a member of our Dorchester Collection Family, we will support your development by nurturing your personality, creating a transparent culture of trust collaboration and appreciation. Supported by our annual personal development planning, tailored learning opportunities and our Academy programs you will be a part of creating a bespoke experience.
Treasured by guests. Cherished by employees. Celebrated worldwide.
As an employee, you are expected to provide our guests with a bespoke and memorable experience measured to the highest standards of quality and service delivery. Additionally the execution of your position will be in accordance to our company policies, standards and procedures.
Our company values are the fundamental spirit on how we reach our goals. As an ambassador of Dorchester Collection you will be entrusted with our values and expected to further enrich our We Care culture: Passion - Personality - Respect - Working Together - Creativity
This job description is intended to illustrate the main duties and responsibilities of the role. It is not intended to be exhaustive and please be advised that the duties and responsibilities may be added on a temporary or permanent basis as appropriate.
Division & Department
Corporate Office - Dorchester Collection Academy Center
Customer Service Training Facilitator
Helping people to flourish: Dorchester Collection Academy is the first of its kind in the UK luxury hospitality market, offering bespoke learning programmes focused on leadership and customer service for other luxury businesses and aspirational brands.
The following outline some of the essential tasks for this role.
- Manage and deliver all company approved customer service training held within the DC hotels in order to ensure that the hotels achieve the desired standards
- Facilitate feedback and hotel related meetings in order to support the business.
- Work with the DCA team to plan, implement, evaluate and review the learning and development needs based on experience within the hotels, for the clients.
- To support the hotel teams by providing reports, action plans and mystery shopping related activities.
- To develop, prepare and coordinate all training plans, e.g. calendars, materials, workbooks, learning notes
- To design, write training materials and conduct this training in line with our business goals, values and reflecting future trends
Essential Functions & Physical Requirements
- To research new initiatives and apply this to the learning materials and measurable outcomes
- To monitor scorecard ratings and ensure that the hotels are up to the required standards
- To share the learning programmes and coach the on property L&D teams to ensure all employees receive the relevant training and development in line with all agreed standards
- To work closely with the hotel L&D teams to support their learning events.
- To protect all Dorchester Collection data and to maintain confidentiality
- To ensure that all learning materials are branded correctly
- To prepare the learning environment to the standard and check that everything is in place prior to a learning event
- To develop strong working relationships with the hotel teams and clients
- To utilise the expertise and translate this into learning events for the DCA clients
- To ensure all clients and prospects are aware of the development opportunities available to them through Dorchester Collection Academy and that these are fully explained
- To work closely and collaboratively with the DCA team and the POD team to ensure that the service standards are developed and enhanced
- To deliver the range of DCA programmes as necessary
- To ensure that information relating to billing is provided in an agreed and timely manner
- To deputise for the Head of Programmes as appropriate
This role is entrusted with the responsibility of delivering the outline tasks and is expected to do so by enlivening our Dorchester Collection We Care culture and values with every interaction.
The following are essential for this role.
- Expected to be an ambassador of our Dorchester Collection We Care culture and values.
- Entrusted with confidential and proprietary information across the collection and must maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Expected to nurture positive, professional and constructive relationships with everyone at Dorchester Collection.
- Must have and create an environment of trust and openness.
- Responsible for ensuring all communication channels exhibit our values.
- Written communication must be clear, professional and must include a constructive tone.
- Verbal communication must be clear, professional, warm and inviting and the style must be aligned to our Dorchester Collection values and standards.
- Problem resolution must be managed with a high degree of diligence, dignity and respect for all parties involved.
- Must possess an attitude that enables our teams to approach you easily for assistance or an answer to a question
- Expected to abide by all Dorchester Collection standards and policies.
Qualifications and Desirables
- Technical Expertise as an experienced facilitator
- Technical expertise as a Customer Service Trainer able to deliver against emotional engagement standards
- Technical expertise as a coach
- Technical expertise to develop and write materials
- Technical ability to train other trainers
- Analytical& Management skills
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Communication & Team work
- Client Engagement
You will be required to travel to/from and work at other businesses within the Dorchester Collection for 60% of the role.
You may on occasion be required to adjust your hours of work to meet the needs of the business.
Education & Experience
- Degree or diploma or the equivalent experience within the service industry is preferred
- Requires considerable training experience
- Requires considerable experience of delivering against standards in a luxury service environment
- Exemplary level of both verbal and written English communication is required
- High level of computer literacy, especially in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Applies industry and hotel knowledge to training programmes
- Exceptional understanding and application of training design and delivery
- Familiar with training techniques and media
- Service orientated
Our global success is dependent on everyone who is a part of our team.
Our belief is that everyone who works here should share the rewards.
Benefits Guide to be reviewed and discussed during the interview process.