We are NATO's technology and cyber arm. Our mission is to connect Forces, Nations and Allied Nations 24/7. In today's climate we are developing stronger tools to counter cyber and hybrid attacks to protect NATO's 1 billion citizens.
Our Head, Human Resources is responsible for providing strategic HR advice to support the delivery and execution of the Agency’s business strategy. Develop and evolve the Human Resources function to engage and address people, policy and cultural issues using accurate metrics and data. Promote and maintain professional relations with human resources officers in other NATO organizations and other external bodies to gather insight and intelligence.
As an advisor to the General Manager and the Agency Executive Management Board and Directors, the Head, HR will ensure that critical issues affecting the Agency’s workload and emerging Human Resource challenges are addressed in a timely and informative method to ensure Management can mobilise high quality services and optimally deploy the Agency’s workforce.
A Master’s degree (MSc, MA or MBA) at a nationally recognised/certified university in a related discipline with 10 years post-related experience. Exceptionally, the lack of a degree may be compensated by a lower academic qualification combined with the demonstration of particular abilities or experience of relevance to this post, or with a military experience in a related subject.
In addition to at least 10 years relevant experience at a senior leadership and management level, your experience should ideally include:
• Thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art human capital management concepts with extensive practical experience in developing and implementing human resource policies and practices that leads to productivity improvements;
• Experience in the use of information technology tools in the field of human resources;
• High degree of Emotional Intelligence, ability to deal authoritatively with complex and sensitive human resources personnel issues tactfully and discretely
• Experience of change management in a large and complex organization.
• Experience in working in a dynamic high-technology organization;
• Proven leadership of teams and management of staff, with a proven ability to efficiently build a team esprit de corps ideally in an international organization
• Ability to cope with a large workload in a changing climate environment;
• Proven ability to communicate orally and in writing with good briefing skills;
• Experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
In return we offer a compelling and challenging assignment for a unique IT civilian and military staffed organisation, based in Brussels, Belgium, and with travel to offices in 15 other countries in Europe and North America.
A tax free salary package, plus relocation (if eligible), pension and healthcare is offered.