HR Process Specialist
- DLA Piper
- HR Generalist
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
These newly created roles will are a fantastic opportunity for talented individuals to work at strengthening the relationships and service delivery excellence with our Global Shared Services Centre which is situated in Warsaw, interfacing with key stakeholders and teams within our International HR function. We are seeking two experienced applicants who will provide specialist expertise to manage and develop services across the HR function, taking the lead in mapping and developing processes that meet international business requirements, with robust controls and governance in place. Identify opportunities for improvement, bringing best practice in to the Firm, driving efficiency and resolving escalated issues. Participate in service governance, working with colleagues in HR Operations, the GSC, Communities of Expertise and business facing HR teams.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Map and develop HR processes, ensuring consistency, standardisation, alignment and integration across HR sub functions and the GSC, as well as effective hand-offs to other functions, enabling effective end-to-end process management
- Identify and implement process improvements to enhance the customer experience, increase quality and/or deliver efficiencies, working closely with relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor specific Service Levels and Key Performance Indicators to identify and resolve issues, documenting and reporting on relevant metrics.
- Support the change control process and provide input to the scoping, resourcing, planning and implementation of changes
- Liaise with third party providers to ensure services are delivered to meet business requirements, against agreed contractual parameters and with end to end process and service experience in mind.
- Develop, deliver and maintain accurate documentation and process manuals for all HR processes, in collaboration with the GSC, HR Systems, individual policy and process owners.
- Work with policy owners, the GSC and other HR team members to effectively operationalise policy and put in place guidelines, procedures, local work instructions and HR knowledgebase.
- Ensure HR data and documentation (hard copy and electronic) is appropriately handled, managed and retained in compliance with data privacy regulations and other legal or regulatory requirements.
- Deal with escalated issues from within HR Operations, the GSC, Communities of Expertise and other HR colleagues and ensure their timely resolution.
- Support the design, development and implementation of new technologies, enabling service delivery teams to manage process and service changes.
- Assist with regular quality reviews and audits, developing and delivering against any action plans that may arise.
- Participate in HR and business projects wherever process mapping or service improvement are key requirements.
- Facilitate focus groups to ensure stakeholder feedback is built in to process and service design.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws, bringing process and service best practice into the business.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Credible subject matter expertise and associated experience of business process design and process mapping.
- Project management and internal consulting skills underpinned by strong analytical capabilities.
- Fluent in the development and use of metrics for business decision making.
- Strong problem solving, facilitation and decision making skills.
- Relevant experience in hands on HR service delivery & HR process improvement.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage with diverse teams; both culturally and geographically.
- The ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate at all levels within the organisation.
- Strong business acumen and willingness to take the initiative, to identify new opportunities and challenge established ways of doing things;
- Able to listen, adapt, influence, negotiate and persuade others.
- Good relationship management skills, both within and outside the firm, acting as an effective brand ambassador for DLA Piper, and an internal change agent.
- A sound understanding of contemporary HR practices and HR best practice.
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, relevant regulations and policy. Detailed knowledge of data protection laws and regulations.
- Solid understanding of HR systems and ability to engage with technical specialists and partner with them as a functional expert.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Ideally CIPD qualified or with equivalent HR experience.
- Lean six sigma, Prince 2 or equivalent qualifications or experience.
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.