Senior Manager, HR Service Development
- DLA Piper
- HR Generalist
- Job Level
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
This newly created role will be a fantastic opportunity to strengthen the relationships and service delivery excellence with our Global Shared Services Centre which is situated in Warsaw, interfacing with key stakeholders and teams within our International HR function. We are seeking an experienced applicant with highly developed organisational and people skills, to lead the development, implementation and improvement of HR processes and services across the function, ensuring that services are meeting the needs of business customers, and partner within HR and the GSC to ensure appropriate Service Level Agreements are in place and delivered against, maintaining compliance and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gatekeeper for all HR processes, ensuring consistency, standardisation, alignment and integration across HR sub functions and the GSC, as well as effective hand-offs to other functions, enabling effective end-to-end process management. Drive process engagement, so that HR and the business understand process activities and can realise their benefits
- Develop and monitor Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering all HR functional services, including the GSC, that meet business requirements. Regularly review performance to identify and resolve issues and drive improvements. Identify, analyse and report on trends in order to inform appropriate HR and business strategies
- Put in place an effective change control process to manage the ongoing development of HR services / processes in response to business needs. Support governance and resource planning to ensure the supply of resources / services meets the business demands
- Lead the establishment and development of feedback mechanisms to ensure the Voice of the Customer is built in to service improvement, process design and delivery
- Lead HR engagement with third party providers to ensure services are delivered to meet business requirements, against agreed contractual parameters and with end to end process and service experience in mind
- Ensure accurate documentation and process manuals are designed and maintained for all HR processes, in collaboration with the GSC, HR Systems, individual policy and process owners. Work with policy owners, the GSC and other HR team members to effectively operationalise policy and put in place guidelines, procedures, local work instructions and HR knowledgebase
- Deliver and monitor processes to ensure HR data and documentation (hard copy and electronic) is appropriately handled, managed and retained in compliance with data privacy regulations and other legal or regulatory requirements
- Identify potential risks, issues and opportunities associated with HR service delivery. Work proactively with others in the organisation to mitigate risk and realise opportunities
- Deal with escalated issues from within HR Operations, the GSC, Communities of Expertise and other HR colleagues and ensure their timely resolution. Develop and monitor the escalations and exceptions processes to identify trends, issues and opportunities for improvement
- Monitor trends and ensure process or service issues are identified and resolved, working proactively with others in HR, the GSC and the wider organisation
- Support the design, development and implementation of new technologies, enabling service delivery teams to manage process and service changes
- Maintain a thorough understanding of employment regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws, bringing process and service best practice into the business
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Project management and internal consulting skills underpinned by strong analytical capabilities
- Fluent in the development and use of metrics for business decision making
- Experience of business process design, process mapping, problem solving and decision making
- Combined skills and experience in hands on HR service delivery & HR process improvement
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to engage with diverse teams; both culturally and geographically
- The ability to effectively plan, set priorities, and manage several complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate at all levels within the organisation
- Strong business acumen and willingness to take the initiative, to identify new opportunities and challenge established ways of doing things
- Strong coaching, counselling and consulting skills, coupled with the ability to influence, negotiate and persuade
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships both within and outside the firm, acting as an effective brand ambassador for DLA Piper, and an internal change agent
- A sound understanding of contemporary HR practices and HR best practice
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, relevant regulations and policy. Detailed knowledge of data protection laws and regulations
- Solid understanding of HR systems and ability to engage with technical specialists and partner with them as a functional expert
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Visio
- Ideally CIPD qualified, with Lean six sigma, Prince 2 or equivalent qualifications or experience
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Please note that, in the event that we make an offer of employment to you and where local legislation permits, we may conduct pre-employment screening that can include checks relating to your professional and academic qualifications, your eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction, any criminal records, your financial stability and references from previous employers.