- Haberdashers' Aske's Elstree Schools
- Up to £50,000 per annum plus substantial benefits
- HR Business Partner, HR Generalist, HR Manager
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
HR Partner, Elstree
Commercial HR in a fantastic environment
The Haberdashers’ Aske’s Boys’ School and Haberdashers’ Aske’s School for Girls, in Elstree, are two leading independent day schools in the UK. Alongside our excellent academic achievements, we offer our students a wide-range of extra curricular activity in a leafy 150-acre campus.
This is an exciting time for HR as we meet the changing needs of our Schools. We need to integrate our support services into one organisation and support the new Headmaster of the Boys’ School and the transition of a new Headmistress in the Girls’ School in September 2019.
This is a generalist role covering the full HR life cycle of recruitment, performance management, compensation and benefits, and development of teachers and support staff which will require creative solutions to attract and retain highly skilled staff.
To meet these challenges, we seek a talented and effective HR professional who is able to blend the very best in innovative, commercial and pragmatic HR, whilst always remembering that we are a school and not a multinational conglomerate!
What you will need to succeed:
To be successful, you will need to provide operational hands-on HR services, supportive coaching and listening to our staff, as well as contributing to the overall HR strategy. You will be a highly enthusiastic HR professional, able to flourish in a variety of team settings with the experience to appreciate the value that HR can bring to successful organisations.
• Ideally be educated to degree level, CIPD qualified or possess equivalent experience or qualifications but of more importance is your professional judgement and pragmatic and team-orientated working style.
• Have previous experience in an HR partnering role, supporting a senior leader. Experience of working in an educational establishment or school is welcome but not essential.
• Have excellent communication and coaching skills, and a track record of building authentic, trust-based relationships at all levels to bring out the best in people whilst achieving the best outcomes for our staff and students.
• Be comfortable with quickly and routinely alternating between strategic and operational levels, while thinking creatively to meet rapidly changing needs.
• Be able to write in a clear, concise and accurate English style.
• Have the numeracy skills to be able to manage data and provide analytical insight.
• Be a courageous, diplomatic and constructive status-quo challenger.
• Accessible location, close to J21/22 x M25 and J4 x M1, so a full driving licence and your own transport is vital.
• A strong commitment to professional development.
• Competitive, family-friendly reward packages.
• Attractive pension scheme and Life Assurance.
• Tax free bicycles for work through the Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Free lunch and sports facilities for staff.
We are willing to discuss flexible working arrangements.
For an informal discussion please call Robert Bowler, HR Director, on 07979 801 062 or email email@example.com
To apply to Robert Bowler, click Apply here on Changeboard.
Alternatively, you can submit your CV by post to Robert Bowler, The Haberdashers' Aske's Elstree Schools, Butterfly Lane, Elstree, Hertfordshire, WD6 3AF
Closing date: 1 October 2018
The Haberdashers’ Aske’s Elstree Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced check.